Transom saver

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro 901CDX

Reaction score
I need input from you guys. I have a 2008 Nitro901 with a mercury 200 optimax. I lost my transom saver and I'm getting ready to buy a new one. Does any one have any thoughts on the lock-n-haul transom saver? Should I just get another one that goes from lower unit down to the roller on the trailer?

do a search on the forum, there was a long conversation on this before.

LOVE my Lock-N-Haul. I have the same boat as you but with a 200 EFI.

Get the lock and haul or lock and stow....I forget which one I have...its the one peice version specifically made for Mercury outboards.

Just had a look at the Lock-n-Haul, looks well made, simply and easy to use. What I don't understand is how it actually takes load off the transom if it doesn't go to the trailer. To me it's simply a way of locking your motor in the up position, taking load off your hydraulics but the same weight and load is on the transom.

Anyone have another opinion with this ?

My opinion on transom savers/tote is it really only does one thing. That's keep your lower unit from dropping down and hitting the road while traveling, if the trim lost pressure. I believe they're all the same.

Latest posts

Back