Hello from Brownsburg, Indiana!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Wilson

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Dan, and I just picked up a 2012 Tracker Pro Guide V-175 WT with a Mercury Optimax 115hp ourboard. It is my 4th Tracker boat and I'm pretty excited about it.

My first was a 1981 Bass Tracker III with a 40hp Mercury. It was actually my Dad's and we bought it in the mid 80's, used. It was a great boat and we made lots of memories in it. My uncle still has the hull, but the interior and the motor are in pretty bad shape. It would be fun to fix it up.

My second was a brand new 1993 Nitro 160 with a 60hp Johnson. It was a great little boat. In it's 5th year, right when the warranty ended, I noticed a crack in the bottom of the transom. Tracker paid a local repair shop to fix it, with no hassle. But the crack soon reappeared. Their engineers looked at pictures and Tracker decided to give me a brand new 16.5' Nitro that was much nicer than the first boat. They let me finish the season with the old one, picked it up in November, and delivered my new boat fully rigged with my motor and equipment in March, in time for fishing season. I'll never forget how they took care of me with that issue. I later put a 90hp Johnson V4 on it and it was a really nice, fast boat. I should have never sold it.

I'm now moving up from a 2011 Polar Kraft Dakota V1778WB with a 40hp Etec (tiller). It's been an awesome boat and was 100% mission ready. It never had a hiccup. I absolutely loved it. But I wanted something much more comfortable and with a windshield for cold weather fishing.

Fast forward and we have the V-175. It is a 2012 and only has about 20 hours on it. Yep. 20 hours. It is in pristine condition, with a small amount of dock rash (does anyone know how to handle a boat around docks? lol!) Anway, the original owner sadly passed away after only a couple times on the water. His widow sold the boat to the second owner last June, who had the engine serviced and checked and some REALLY nice Lowrance HDS Pro 9's on it. He decided to upgrade to a new Nitro Z19.

So I took the boat out Sunday for an hour and it ran as expected....like new. I was a little surprised that it topped out at 40mph. I was expecting 43, but hey, it's still plenty fast. I had a full tank of fuel, me, and three boys who totaled about 300lbs. And I know the engine will loosen up a bit, so I may get 1 or 2mph more eventually.

I'm looking forward to the forum and learning from the Pro Guide folks. I'm really interested in getting tips and ideas on Versatrack accessories and also getting the most out of those Lowrance depth finders....Oh, and also the Minn Kota Terrova on the front. I've not had such a nice trolling motor before, so the IPilot features have me excited.

I look forward to meeting you all!

Dan

Attachments

• PXL_20240211_230832399.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240211_230832399.MP.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20240211_221624624.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240211_221624624.MP.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Hi, I'm Dan, and I just picked up a 2012 Tracker Pro Guide V-175 WT with a Mercury Optimax 115hp ourboard. It is my 4th Tracker boat and I'm pretty excited about it.

My first was a 1981 Bass Tracker III with a 40hp Mercury. It was actually my Dad's and we bought it in the mid 80's, used. It was a great boat and we made lots of memories in it. My uncle still has the hull, but the interior and the motor are in pretty bad shape. It would be fun to fix it up.

My second was a brand new 1993 Nitro 160 with a 60hp Johnson. It was a great little boat. In it's 5th year, right when the warranty ended, I noticed a crack in the bottom of the transom. Tracker paid a local repair shop to fix it, with no hassle. But the crack soon reappeared. Their engineers looked at pictures and Tracker decided to give me a brand new 16.5' Nitro that was much nicer than the first boat. They let me finish the season with the old one, picked it up in November, and delivered my new boat fully rigged with my motor and equipment in March, in time for fishing season. I'll never forget how they took care of me with that issue. I later put a 90hp Johnson V4 on it and it was a really nice, fast boat. I should have never sold it.

I'm now moving up from a 2011 Polar Kraft Dakota V1778WB with a 40hp Etec (tiller). It's been an awesome boat and was 100% mission ready. It never had a hiccup. I absolutely loved it. But I wanted something much more comfortable and with a windshield for cold weather fishing.

Fast forward and we have the V-175. It is a 2012 and only has about 20 hours on it. Yep. 20 hours. It is in pristine condition, with a small amount of dock rash (does anyone know how to handle a boat around docks? lol!) Anway, the original owner sadly passed away after only a couple times on the water. His widow sold the boat to the second owner last June, who had the engine serviced and checked and some REALLY nice Lowrance HDS Pro 9's on it. He decided to upgrade to a new Nitro Z19.

So I took the boat out Sunday for an hour and it ran as expected....like new. I was a little surprised that it topped out at 40mph. I was expecting 43, but hey, it's still plenty fast. I had a full tank of fuel, me, and three boys who totaled about 300lbs. And I know the engine will loosen up a bit, so I may get 1 or 2mph more eventually.

I'm looking forward to the forum and learning from the Pro Guide folks. I'm really interested in getting tips and ideas on Versatrack accessories and also getting the most out of those Lowrance depth finders....Oh, and also the Minn Kota Terrova on the front. I've not had such a nice trolling motor before, so the IPilot features have me excited.

I look forward to meeting you all!

Dan

A boat is a great way to make memories with your children. Probably not all good, but still memories. Now I have 4 grandchildren I took a fishing pole to each of them in the hospital when they were born. The 3 youngest still enjoy fishing with me (ages 15, 19 and 20) My oldest grandson moved to South Carolina after college. His mother told me recently that he didn't really like fishing- he just wanted to be with papaw. Glad I do other things with them.
I see you are in Brownsburg, IN. Get enough snow yesterday? I'm on the north east side of Indy near Geist. Where do you do most of your boating at?
I'm sure you will like IPilot. I've had it for 2 seasons, and it is my favorite feature on the Power Drive TM.

Welcome Dan, enjoy the boat. I too went with a deep V due to weather and rough water and don’t regret it. 2019 Targa V19 combo with a Xs175. It also allows me to let the kids and grandkids play on a tube behind it.

Welcome Dan, enjoy the boat. I too went with a deep V due to weather and rough water and don’t regret it. 2019 Targa V19 combo with a Xs175. It also allows me to let the kids and grandkids play on a tube behind it.
Thanks! I´m really looking forward to having fun with the kids with this thing! They are excited about it!

Latest posts

Back