Pulling the trigger on a leftover Z18 Pro w/ 175hp Merc. Any problems with this model year?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apoc81

Reaction score
Seems like I’m being offered a fairly decent deal with the trade-in on my TRX 175. Boat is new leftover, Bobs Jackplate, blinker trim, Lowrance Ghost, 3 lithium batteries (100AH), Lowrance Hook whatever’s, but I already have a HDS12 Lowrance w/ active target and a Hummingbird w/ Mega360 and a turret for them, I’ll move the bow unit to the console and run two there. The only thing it doesn’t have that I want is the dual axle trailer, and im working on that now, the dealership seems too gung ho on selling THAT single axle trailer, but I travel with my boat a lot and I’ll blow up the deal before I buy a single axle trailer for a fiberglass boat. The one that came with my tracker is crap, tbh (though the rest of the boat was reliable for me, it’s just not enough boat some of the waters I fish.

So is there any problems I should know about the 2023 Z18 Pro or the Pro XS 175hp Mercury? Anything I should ask about? Of course BP acts like they are holy relics handed down from the Lord Johnny Morris himself, so was hoping to get straight answers here.

No opinions? Anyone?

I bought a Z19 Pro instead of the Z18. It’s having some electronics replaced. hook 5’s being replaced with HDS12’s, one at the bow, two at the console, with active target, and a hummingbird 12” at the front with Mega360. Also adding a set of 8’ Talons, and a 3rd 100AH trolling battery.

I got the dual axle trailer. Supposed to take 3 weeks to come in, but they are giving me a used trailer to borrow until it comes in. The single axle was a deal breaker.

This should be a completely different experience from tournament fishing on my Pro Team 175TRX. It was a good little boat, but it was way to light for the big water we fish here in Canada. And while I’d like a Z21, it was just too much of a price jump. Maybe in 2-3 years when this one is mostly paid off. Either way, im extremely excited for this. It’s what I originally should have bought when I sold my old Ranger. Thought I could do with aluminum, but one year was enough.

Supposed to have the boat Thursday or Friday. They had the talon’s in stock, and I already owned the HB Mega360, HDS12’s, LT2, and mounts, so it’s just an install job. Our first tournament is at the end of April (Canada, our tournament season starts in late April/early may on the East Coast. Ice is just breaking up now), so im looking forward to putting her through her paces.

Theres a tournament in the Northeast USA I might take a run down for two weeks from now. Really looking forward to getting in a tournament.

Thats what i have 2023 z19. You'll love it. The only thing i can tell you is in the first 30 days is go throught it with a fine tooth comb. Dealership dont tell you this. Make BP fix anything! Take it on water, check for leaks on all hoses and port outlets.

I had a few quality control issues they tried to fight me on, as I got my boat in winter, didnt really look it over until spring, thankfully had pics from when it was in dealers garage and they fixed/sent parts. Also had leakage from around outlet/intake trims.

We have a 2021 Z19. We have over 200 hours on it now and really love it. Only problems we have had is the Interstate AGM cranking battery and some leaks around the livewell pumps. Worked with BPS to solve those. I took the pump inserts loose and wrapped teflon tape on the threads, then they found some loose fitting and clamps. Bilge stays dry now. I just switched to lithium trolling motor batteries, but you are doing that from the start.

Thats what i have 2023 z19. You'll love it. The only thing i can tell you is in the first 30 days is go throught it with a fine tooth comb. Dealership dont tell you this. Make BP fix anything! Take it on water, check for leaks on all hoses and port outlets.

I had a few quality control issues they tried to fight me on, as I got my boat in winter, didnt really look it over until spring, thankfully had pics from when it was in dealers garage and they fixed/sent parts. Also had leakage from around outlet/intake trims.
Cyco is right on the mark about going over your new boat. Bring a really strong and zoomable LED flashlight. Document with pictures anything not right. Also inspect the trailer. It may seem a little too picky. Don’t make the assumption everything is perfect like I did with a five minute inspection and regretting it. Ending up with a year’s worth of headaches. I hope you get a perfect boat.

Latest posts

Back