NEVER BUY NITRO or anything from white river marine and here's why

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhinopro

Reaction score
Here is why you should never buy Nitro made boats, This boat is a 2020 Z21 Pro Series boat that cost 70k fully loaded, If I were to list all the problems I have had with this boat, there would not be enough room on this page to list it, so I am only going to list one the is very very IMPORTANT to any Nitro bass boat owner or anyone considering buying one!! Earlier this year I was having a Hydraulic Pump replaced on my Jackplate when the Mechanic to off my trim piece and Notice a Monster Crack and separation on my transom. So I immediately took to my nearest Bass Pro Center which I will leave the name out because they did not have any say in the decision making process of warrantying the boat,,,,,SO here the verdict,,,the warranty department DENIED my warranty claim because they said the aftermarket Transom saver I was using for the past 2 1/2 months caused the damage!!!! that's right a aftermarket transom saver caused 9k in damage!!!! Now keep in mind I contacted the manufacture of the aftermarket transom saver and told him of their claim and he was in SHOCK!! Especially since this manufacture was in close contact with the Nitro Warranty department during the development of this aftermarket transom saver!!! This is the most obscured excuse I have ever heard of a Denial of Claim in my life time of owning Nitro boats for over 30 years Upgrading every 5..So now the 9K will have to come out of my own pocket to fix the boat!!!! Let me repeat the Nitro Warranty Department DENIED my claim of over 9K in damage on my boat because of a aftermarket transom saver they are blaming that caused this damage!!!! I know anyone reading this knows better then to believe a Transom savor being used for 2 months would cause this damage!!!! again I cant list every issue I have had because its a long list,,,but I felt this was important enough to get out there for guys Running aftermarket transom savers on theirs boats now!! Beware!!!! I also am not giving the name brand of the aftermarket Transom saver ,because I don't want to give them a bad reputation for something so Ludacris and to Nitro's Claims that their product damaged my boat!! NEVER BUY NITRO !!!!

Attachments

• mike boat 2.JPG
    mike boat 2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Mikes boat.JPG
    Mikes boat.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
You may need to get an attorney. Sucks but sometimes they are necessary.
Yes I know I have a case, but I have to get one in Missouri, I have a lot of new sponsors this year so I don't have the time at this point to sue, however I will be getting an attorney in the future to handle this for me.

Just curious. My 2021 Nitro came with a transom saver with the boat right from the factory. I’m sure WRM doesn’t make transom savers. So would they consider the transom saver they put on the boat a aftermarket item. Seems like a big loophole. Sorry to hear about all your problems with your boat.

I’m very disappointed in my 22 Z 19. Poor finish work not to mention incorrect wiring. I could go on also.
I could list a page of problems I have had with boat and motor of my 2020 Z21,,,powerhead replaced first year, on my 3rd lower unit..rod locker seperated from top and splintered and just laid in rod box in the first 30 days,,finally had to remove it,,,Powerboard went ,,800.00 not covered under warranty,,I can go on and on,,,I have had nitro Z9, 911,savage 896,,all the top boats created by Nitro,, ,, but I am now defeated and will never own another nitro ever again after this last bull**** excuse from them...

Dang Bro, that’s pretty messed up. Not a whole lot bothers me anymore, but I’d be livid over this! I’m fixing to go out there and inspect my transom real close (2020 Z20). Good luck man and keep your head up…

Just curious. My 2021 Nitro came with a transom saver with the boat right from the factory. I’m sure WRM doesn’t make transom savers. So would they consider the transom saver they put on the boat a aftermarket item. Seems like a big loophole. Sorry to hear about all your problems with your boat.
Yes that’s the one I used up until I started use the other aftermarket one a couple months ago,,,, nitro warranty said show me pictures of you traveling with our transom saver on and the receipt that you just purchased your aftermarket one and will approve your warranty work so I did that showed it to them the very same day and then they still denied it. They were counting on me, not having that information and the funniest part of it is Nitro has been all over the manufacture of the aftermarket transom saver to sell their products in bass pro shop stores

I’m very disappointed in my 22 Z 19. Poor finish work not to mention incorrect wiring. I could go on also.
I agree, quality/finish product lis lacking..

To the OP, Sorry to hear about you damage, and is a lame excuse, not even legit one at that. seems to be a common theme, how Nitro's cusumer service sucks balls.

Dang Bro, that’s pretty messed up. Not a whole lot bothers me anymore, but I’d be livid over this! I’m fixing to go out there and inspect my transom real close (2020 Z20). Good luck man and keep your head up…
Thanks I appreciate that ,,, I think we all need to stick together and get the word out to any and all prospective buyers so they know what’s in store for them !!!

I have previously listed all the problems I had with my 2021 Targa V19, I feel your pain. White River owns a lot of other brands, Ranger is one that comes to mind, so I guess buyer beware on all their products and warranty may not be an important consideration.

Here is why you should never buy Nitro made boats, This boat is a 2020 Z21 Pro Series boat that cost 70k fully loaded, If I were to list all the problems I have had with this boat, there would not be enough room on this page to list it, so I am only going to list one the is very very IMPORTANT to any Nitro bass boat owner or anyone considering buying one!! Earlier this year I was having a Hydraulic Pump replaced on my Jackplate when the Mechanic to off my trim piece and Notice a Monster Crack and separation on my transom. So I immediately took to my nearest Bass Pro Center which I will leave the name out because they did not have any say in the decision making process of warrantying the boat,,,,,SO here the verdict,,,the warranty department DENIED my warranty claim because they said the aftermarket Transom saver I was using for the past 2 1/2 months caused the damage!!!! that's right a aftermarket transom saver caused 9k in damage!!!! Now keep in mind I contacted the manufacture of the aftermarket transom saver and told him of their claim and he was in SHOCK!! Especially since this manufacture was in close contact with the Nitro Warranty department during the development of this aftermarket transom saver!!! This is the most obscured excuse I have ever heard of a Denial of Claim in my life time of owning Nitro boats for over 30 years Upgrading every 5..So now the 9K will have to come out of my own pocket to fix the boat!!!! Let me repeat the Nitro Warranty Department DENIED my claim of over 9K in damage on my boat because of a aftermarket transom saver they are blaming that caused this damage!!!! I know anyone reading this knows better then to believe a Transom savor being used for 2 months would cause this damage!!!! again I cant list every issue I have had because its a long list,,,but I felt this was important enough to get out there for guys Running aftermarket transom savers on theirs boats now!! Beware!!!! I also am not giving the name brand of the aftermarket Transom saver ,because I don't want to give them a bad reputation for something so Ludacris and to Nitro's Claims that their product damaged my boat!! NEVER BUY NITRO !!!!
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE !!!!! Nitro is now covering it under warranty!!! the correct decision was made!!!!!!! Remember always fight for whats right !!!!!!

Congratulations, I’m glad it worked out. It’s just sad you had to go through all the hassle and your boat is going to be out of service for a while. Can you now tell us what transom saver you used.

That’s good news! Way to go man. I hope it all ends well for you!

Congratulations, I’m glad it worked out. It’s just sad you had to go through all the hassle and your boat is going to be out of service for a while. Can you now tell us what transom saver you used.
I used the one sold by DD26 the CEO of the company Dave is awesome, he stood behind his product and actually contact Bass Pro for me on my behalf and fought with me ,that helped the cooperate people at white river make the right decision,,, I recommend all the product sold by DD26, they make some great products for bass boats, I use there Livefoot for my Live scope Garmin unit that is amazing, I can turn the transducer around 360 degrees with moving the boat ,just to mention one of the awesome products he sells.

Thanks rhinopro. I have been using one from Russell Marine Products for 3 years now and it is very similar to the dd26. Never had any problems with it and much better than the type that goes to the trailer and marks up your lower unit

Thanks rhinopro. I have been using one from Russell Marine Products for 3 years now and it is very similar to the dd26. Never had any problems with it and much better than the type that goes to the trailer and marks up your lower unit
Put a towel on the lower end between the skeg and saver. It works great and makes it slide right off when raising the motor.

Latest posts

Back