Transom saver boat motor support question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grunt32

Reaction score
Just bought a 2008 75 hp Mercury 4 stroke outboard motor with a 20" shaft for my 2006 Tracker Targa165wt project boat
Going to pick it up in a few weeks and have them put the motor on the boat then
Just want to get a transom saver for the boat while travelling
Looking at an Extreme Max 3005.3852 that adjusts from 21 to 31"
Just wondering if it will be long enough as the boat sits pretty low on the trailer
They also make one longer that goes from 29 to 53"

Attachments

• Photo0465.jpg
    Photo0465.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 3005.3855-2T.jpg
    3005.3855-2T.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 39
Grunt32,

Probably be a good idea to have both with you- if you can return one later. You could just plan to shorten the longer one when you try the support. You would only need a hacksaw and a drill. to reatttach the bottom end piece, customizing the length you want as it sits.
The type you have illustrated is the kind I've always preferred to use. There are pros and cons to the different types but after many years of towing and no issues i will stick with what you are doing with yours..

I had a 2009 Tracker Pro Guide V16 and did the same thing, bought a good transom saver because I didn't think the stock transom saver from Tracker would hold up well 10 years later the stock transom saver held up just fine, and I have a BRAND-NEW 10-YEAR-OLD heavy-duty transom saver hanging on the garage wall LOL !!! don't know how long, but see the picture attached.

Attachments

• IMG_7319.jpg
    IMG_7319.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 32
those type of transom savers are a piece of s***. They don't protect the motor or the transom very well or very little. The only motor transom saver is one that hooks to the motor and is locked down with the trim. I explained this in a other thread if you are interested

• Post #5
  • Jan 8, 2022
  • Forum: general

Latest posts

Back