Transom Saver

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Scully

Reaction score
If y'all promise not to Keel Haul me or throw me overboard as Kracken bait, I will ask this very stupid Question.

I wanted to get a Transom saver for my Nitro 188 Sport (touting a Merc. 115 ). Needed some 2 cycle oil and saw one on display on the rack at a local dealer. Got it home, and out of the plastic bag, and ARGH ! Can't figure out how to use it. I know, it's not rocket science, but come-on. I know the yoke goes over the rear roller on the trailer, and the other end (looks like the mouth of a Giant Largemouth. need help from this point on.......help me and we may share a Grog of Spirted Ale....... Capt. Scully

The largemouth end should be 90 degrees off parallel to the yoke, most of the jaws are adjustable as the shaft length is adjustable too. The front of the lower unit should sit nestled in the jaws with a rubber strap that goes around the rear of the lower unit to tie it to the transom saver. Find the angle you want the motor to ride at and adjust the shaft length accordingly. Raise the motor, place the transom saver on the roller then let the motor down until the weight is on the transom saver, put the strap around the back and hook it on the other side, you should be good to go. Hope this helps

Latest posts

Back