Hello to most

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
Speaking with Toxic today after looking over the forum this week a few times. Decided to poke my head in and say hello.

tornado - If I may be of help, please let me know. I'd be happy to lend a hand in whatever way I can.

Texas Transplant - How's it going? I miss the discussions also. I may start posting here again. I lurk a few times a week, but it's probably been over 1/2 to 3/4 of a year since I posted last.

Toxic - Well... I posted. :p

ace4u - I'm proud as heck of my new garage (and home) in Texas. I'm all settled in, have a great new job. I'm putting the finishing touches on my loft that was built above my boat. It's looking awesome and is fully functional now. Just needs some final touches. I'll post some pics later if you are interested. I want to wait until after I get the drywall mudded and painted though.

Uncle Billy - Always nice to see you post. I've always enjoyed conversations with you. I did, however, notice that you missed my birthday this year. Shame on you. (just joking!) :lol::lol::lol:

To all others... hope you are having a wonderful 2009.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn,..........it's about damn time you stuck your head back in the door!! We need a new target!! ;):rolleyes:

Pop back in more often BEEEYotch!!:p:p

Glenn, its good to hear from you. I hop you decide to stick around for a bit :lol:

Welcome back TritonGlenn and I'm looking forward to seeing your pic's of your new home one's you get here all fixed up. Thanks

Have you made a trip too Falcon or what lake's have you fished.

ace4u,

This weekend will be my first trip to Falcon, and my first Texas tournament(s). I'm fishing the ABA this coming Saturday, and then again on Sunday (two seperate tournaments - both ABA). I'm going as a non-boater, as I've never even seen the lake, and I need to learn. I've fished Amistad (water was at record highs - fishing some submerged cactus in some places), and I did "ok". I've also been to Choke Canyon a few times, and that is my favorite so far. It's on fire right now. This past weekend, a tournament there weighed in two 15lb fish, a 13lb fish, and a "record number" of double digit bass according to the local tournament officials. I haven't stuck one that big yet... but I am definitely going to try. I've also went dunk my boat into Canyon lake (north of San Antonio), and Borne Lake (Trolling Motor only), but didn't catch anything at either of them. It's a whole new world here for me - all lake fishing. I need to get out of the river-rat mentality. Ha! :lol:

I'm enjoying life down here. Retirement has been great.

I'll post pics of the garage - probably in a few weeks. I have to review the size guidlines for pics - it's been a while since I posted here.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn, glad to see that you've stuck your head back in. From the recent info, Choke is definitely on fire. Saw the pic's/story on the 3 monsters they had down there.

You getting used to eating the great Mexican Food available down there in San Antonio?

Tex

You getting used to eating the great Mexican Food available down there in San Antonio?

Gained 10lbs since retirement that I'm desperately trying to lose right now. :lol: Awesome food in San Antonio! I have to watch myself closely at a restaurant around here. I "thought" I knew what Mexican food was before moving here... Instead, I found out that I had never actually eaten "real" Mexican food until I got here. :p

I had never tasted Chicken Flautas before moving here... yummmmmmmm.......

My all time favorite is a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant called "Gilberts". He has a dish called the "Jave special" - carne asada beef in a flour tortilla with this cheese sauce on top w/ Borracho beans and rice on the side. :blink: Oh man!!! I'm drooling now. :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Yes Teri... You are. :lol: Sorry to hear about your misfortune lately. :( If I can be of assistance, please let me know.

All the best,

Glenn

Good deal. :p Now don't get out of whack if there is some smack talking, a year is too long to cool off. For those that don't know, there's not much about rod/reels/electronics the my homeboy doesn't know. He's got a couple of my reels right now that need a little of his magic touch. And....I do plan a trip to the Canyon as soon as you get your bearings. With as much road time as I am putting in right now, I doubt it will be too long!! Keep us posted on your T's and what works.

Welcome back bro.

TOXIC

Glenn, welcome back. Let us know what you think about Falcon. I've been out of action for a while, with a small stroke, but I'm getting ready to jump back in the mix.

Those 'out of the way' places down there, are to die for. I remember a renovated old Dairy Queen, that had about 5 tables inside; 12 outside under the canopy; and you bought your cold ones from the take-out store across the steet - complete in their own styrofoam cooler. Best thing on the menu was marinated then grilled, large green onions (about 2" in diameter). To die for.

Enjoy!

Gilbert's - have to write that one down.

Tex

Glad to hear from you Glenn! Hope you and the family are enjoy life above the Rio Grande. :)

Good to see you posting too Bob G.!! ;)

Thanks for the welcome back everyone. I appreciate it.

All the best,

Glenn

TritonGlenn, just wanted you to know I am sitting here re-spooling (Buzz that's for u) my reels based on a post you wrote for me back in 5/2008. Thanks man!

WOW! It's great to see you back Glenn!! As one of the first things I want to say to you is "I missed your birthday last year too because I don't know what it is!":p Now, shame on you too!!:rolleyes::lol:

Welcome back Glenn, it's nice that you've "come home"!

Uncle Billy

TritonGlenn, just wanted you to know I am sitting here re-spooling (Buzz that's for u) my reels based on a post you wrote for me back in 5/2008. Thanks man!

You're very welcome Teri. Glad to be of help. I hope you do extremely well in your tournaments, and more importantly - I hope you stay safe and have a ton of fun!

"I missed your birthday last year too because I don't know what it is!" Now, shame on you too!!

:unsure: :p Oops! I'm guilty as charged! :lol: I just know that you're always on top of birthdays, so I thought I'd give you grief. I was gone from the board at the time anyway... I was just pulling your leg on the "forgetting" part. Thanks for the welcome back.

All the best,

Glenn

Sup Glenn?

Good to see you around. I think you just need some more hot sauce to lose that "extra" 10....lol

Mini

Hey Mini. Good to hear from you. I've got PLENTY of hot sauce. :lol: Problem now is... I don't have to use it to start sweating when I eat. :blink: :p .

All the best,

Glenn

Hey Greg! How goes the good fight? I see Marty's views and posts haven't changed much since my last visit. :lol:

I've been on the "buy a box per payday" plan for a few months now. :cool: (actually.. I've been on the "buy a box a week program" for a while now. ) Got my XD40 subbie for Christmas (from me, to me), CHL two weeks ago, and ordered my Crossbreed SuperTuck holster and belt the same day my licence came in the mail. It kinda caught me by suprise. I was told that TX took up to 6 months to issue, but mine came in about 2 months. I was scrambling to find which holster I wanted for concealed carry. I think I'll be happy with the CB ST.

Wasn't it you who posted about the .257 Roberts a while back? Guess what I was looking at the other day as a possible gun trade? :p (Ruger bolt action). The guy wanted too much extra cash on top of my trade though, so I passed on it. I also had my hands on a nice feeling little Sako Riihimaki in .222, but I passed on it. I had never owned, nor shot a .222, and I didn't know squat about the caliber. I'm currently looking at a .243 or .25-06 to round out my rifles. Unless I can get my hands on a .357 mag, .45 colt, or .44 mag in a lever action for a decent price. :)

All the best,

Glenn

I had a Henry lever action .44 before the elections. :rolleyes: It is one simple, easy, straight rifle. I only bought it to keep my ammo consistent on multiple platforms. At least that's the excuse I sold myself with. :lol:

What do you mean HAD??? Come on Dan! You don't sell stuff like that brother! :lol: I actually don't have much experience at all with the Henry lever actions, other than a little .22 that I played around with a while back.

I love my .30-30 Marlin lever action, so I was hoping to find something like that one in the other calibers I was looking for. My .270 is "on the bench" right now. Kind of like a mechanics car staying on the lift for months on end. She's going to get a new thumbhole stock with a lot better recoil pad than what is on there right now. The .270 has been killing my shoulder, so I'm doing some modifications to it that I'm hoping will help.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn,

Milt Sparks VMII holsters are pretty good too for CCW. Takes about 6 months to get one from Milt Sparks. Can also get them from Top Gun Supply and Lightning Arms Sports when they get an order in. I carry everyday in a MS VMII (IWB) or a MS Axiom (OWB). Beltman belts make a good stiff belt for holster carry. Can get those in about a month.

Glenn - Yep, I've never been much to sell any of my stuff, but I've heard of other folks setting the stage for a zero report if federal gun registration becomes law. For instance, if I state private sale of all my arms at a publicly advertised gun show held at the GA Mountain Center in Gainesville held on 12/15/2008 (pre any ban), I would own no guns to register for the Obamanistas. :D

The .44 was :rolleyes: the only Henry I've experienced, but what a well built gun it is.

Hey Bob!! You still got that gorgeous truck of yours?! :D:cool:

Dan,

Still have the same 2002 Chevy. Transmission crapped out last Friday. I can go forward but have no reverse. Waiting for a remanufactured one to come in this week. I have a little more than 147,000 miles on it. Maybe I need to not drive it like I stole it anymore!!! :lol: The 6.0L motor is still strong like when it was new. I'm hoping Mac is still working at GM in two years so I can get a deal on a new truck. Child support obligations end June 2011. :)

Edit: Glenn....sorry for the hijack!

No problem Bob! It's all good. Sorry to hear your truck puked a tranny. I hope you get her back together soon. Reverse is highly overrated anyway. Just let the weight of the boat (or trailer) pull you down the ramp to launch or recover. It's all in the "aproach angle". :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Im glad to hear your doing well. Good Luck losing that weight

Jaws

The only comment left out is..... Drum roll please......

Welcome back to the best dang website ever.

Thanks Rich and Welcome Back Glenn

BF

Welcome "back" Glenn!! Been a long time. I forgot you were in San Antonio!! My Bad!! I was there last fall for training for work...would have looked ya up!! I spent way to much time at Maddog's Saloon I know that:D. Wouldn't mind getting back down there sometime. The local food is AWESOME!!

Tim

Tim,

Let me know if you make it back this way. Thanks for the welcome back!

All the best,

Glenn

Man, these young 40-something guys in retirement is unbelievable. Thought you had to be old like me and Uncle Billy to retire. LOL

Glenn, really glad that you came back to the board. We always have questions that only you can answer for us. If you ever get back this way you come stay and fish the hot side again.

Latest posts

Back