Hello from South Georgia

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello you fine people (and even the rest of you)! I’ve got a 1989 Bass Tracker 1800 TF with an Evinrude XP150. As of this moment, I’ve got a good deal of the electrical system torn apart. I’m slowly getting it rewired as my work schedule and family schedule allows. I’ve completely replaced all switches, breakers, and wires on the main switch panel, replaced the breakers for the livewell pumps, replaced the ignition switch, and removed some of the old unused wiring. I’ve still got lots more to remove (old stereo harness, old flasher sounding unit and speedo), and replace (I still need to refurbish the forward control panel), including re-pulling a bunch of 14-2 duplex wires, adding a new fuse panel, and a battery switch.

If I can manage to get all that done, it ought to be lakeworthy at least. There was so much sketchy wiring that I pulled out, my main focus is getting it running again and safely. The PO used electrical tape, copper automotive wire, and house wire nuts like he owned stock in them. I’m not looking forward to the wiring under the helm, but I know I just have to attack it in pieces.

I’m glad to be here, and looking forward to any and all tips & tricks you’ve got for me as this is my first boat and first rewire. Thanks!

Rock Chalk

Attachments

• IMG_6922.jpg
    IMG_6922.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 70319920585__E55AE9FE-2A88-4925-ACE7-6E34532B7AA5.jpeg
    70319920585__E55AE9FE-2A88-4925-ACE7-6E34532B7AA5.jpeg
    510.3 KB · Views: 0
Since your rewiring, I suggest having a house battery to run accessories and electronics separate from starting battery (if you don't already). Welcome and best of luck! Keep us updated.

That’s actually my plan. I’ve got the Blue Sea Systems Add-a-Battery mini. I’m not 100% sure where to mount the new components yet (switch, ACR, fuse panel). Was thinking about buying a poly board from Lowe’s to use as a mounting platform.

Latest posts

Back