Faulty Gas Gauge

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONAOL

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Nitro Z19 Sport. I believe the gas gauge is faulty. Tried looking at the tank and see the gas level, but the tank is grey and even with a flashlight on it you can’t see any gas level. Just reaching out for ideas before I have to take it back to Tracker Marine. Really don’t want to lose a week or two back in the shop again. As far as trying to top off the tank I can’t overfill it because the tank builds up so much pressure when under the sun if you open the gas cap gas will blow out and on to you.

I have run my Z19 to where the gas gauge was getting very close to empty but not touching empty and the boat ran as fast as it ever had. I put it on the trailer and took it to a gas station and put 51.7 gallons in it(advertised 50 gallon capacity) I believe the gas gauges are highly inaccurate !!!

I took mine out thinking there was 1/2 a tank. Went about 10 miles and seen the gas gauge bouncing. After fishing a couple hours heading back to the ramp ran out of gas a mile away. Spent the rest of the time on the trolling motor fishing docks until I made it back to the ramp.
I had to replace the hose and hand pump to get the boat to start again.
42 gallons of gas to fill it back up.

I took mine out thinking there was 1/2 a tank. Went about 10 miles and seen the gas gauge bouncing. After fishing a couple hours heading back to the ramp ran out of gas a mile away. Spent the rest of the time on the trolling motor fishing docks until I made it back to the ramp.
I had to replace the hose and hand pump to get the boat to start again.
42 gallons of gas to fill it back up.
Did you replace the gas gauge?

No, I just add more gas in the tank. I look at where I am fishing and plan my gas accordingly. I figure 3 miles to the gallon. I normally don’t run more that 10-15 miles from the ramp anymore. So I’ll put in 15 gallons at a time. Occasionally I will pull out the tackle storage behind the driver seat and look at the tank with a light and see how much is in the tank.

My gas tank is grey and I can’t see the level. I sometimes trailer up to 8 hrs away and prefer to travel with a 1/4 tank or less. Would prefer a working gas gauge. Thanks

Latest posts

Back