200 Merc Pro XS height for 2022 Z19 Pro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lobina Grande

Reaction score
Recently bought a 2022 Z19 Pro with a 200 Merc Pro XS and completed the break in period. I have only been getting a top speed of around 63.5 mph with a tournament load 3/4 tank of gas. I am running with a Fury 23 prop and think that I should be closer to the high 60s. I am actually ok with being in the low 60's but believe that I can still make some adjustments to get the most out of my Z19. I have a manual 10" jackplate and the motor is in the 2nd hole. What is everyone else's set up and what speeds are you seeing? Thanks!

Do a search on here for motor height and how to measure your prop shaft on the motor in relation to the bottom of your boat. You want the prop shaft to be about 3.5 inches below the bottom of the boat.

Attach0_20220809_185336.jpg

Your speed is bang on for a fully loaded Z19 with 2 anglers. You can play with the height but don’t expect high 60’s. Best I ever saw was 66 with just me and 1/4 tank of gas. Even at 63-64 I have gone by other Z19’s at blast off so others I have seen are probably 61-62.

Your speed is bang on for a fully loaded Z19 with 2 anglers. You can play with the height but don’t expect high 60’s. Best I ever saw was 66 with just me and 1/4 tank of gas. Even at 63-64 I have gone by other Z19’s at blast off so others I have seen are probably 61-62.
BTW I forgot to mention I also run 63-64 mph on most tournament days.

We have a 2021 Z19 Pro with a 23" Fury. I have ours set 3.5 inches below the pad, using the same technique that Chobeemuaga posted. I have hit 68 lightly loaded with just me in the boat. Nitro says they will run 69-70. I have to think that is in perfect conditions with everything tweaked. My summer max speed is usually 62-63. In cool weather I can run 65. That's with two guys and a normal tackle and fuel load. Most of the time I cruise around at 45-55 so I have not tried to squeeze every mph out of it.

I consistently run 65 gps mph 240 pounds of fuel 48 pounds of ice, 16 rods and reels, 2 ppl at 375 pounds and another 120 pounds of tackle rods, reels tools, rain gear, etc.

I find with the 12 inch screen at a 45 to 60° angle on the nose and the front butt seat installed. I lose almost 1-2 miles an hour.
With the screen flat, the seat removed a under half a tank of gas and driver only I’ll go 67-68

When I adjusted my jack plate trying to find top speed I had to do it in 1/10 inch increments using a set of calipers. And the jack plate Has to be adjusted for the load configuration. If you then move a bunch of tackle from the back compartments to the front compartment, you have to do the whole process all over again because it changes the center of gravity of the boat and it rides completely different.
2021 Z19 SC, 200 Pro XS- Fury 23P

PS. Dual power poles cause my suv to get less mileage when towed in up vs tilted forward so if you have dual power poles, there’s probably a slight speed penalty also

July 1 tournament Z19 passing a 21 foot Skeeter/250 at 65 miles an hour

Attachments

• IMG_6793.MOV
    8.6 MB
2023 z19. We've hit 65. We have bobs hydrolic jack plate, I feel like i can get more out of it, have not completely played with trim/jack to squeeze everything out of it. I feel like they mounted these new 4 strokes lower(could just be me), Im lifting my jack plate way higher then my 2010 Z7. Great water pressure. Chine can get bad....... Love it so far, just goes! 45 to 60 in a heartbeat......😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230703-214704.jpg
    Screenshot_20230703-214704.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 0
I've been at 69 with my bobs jack at 4 and trimed to a 3 foot rooster tail my tach reads 5850 rpm on flat water. I have only one AGM and four 31 series lithiums in back. I feel it could reach 70. I don't use my live wells and always have a full tank. Things getting a little hairy above 65 and on big reservoirs I need to use my chartplotter to navigate through channel markers, much to fast to see ahead for them. I carry a light load. I've been cruising more lately at 48 or so to save fuel, it made a big difference and when to wake boarder boats are out it is a much smoother ride. I just trim in to cut through rather than go airborne.

I've been at 69 with my bobs jack at 4 and trimed to a 3 foot rooster tail my tach reads 5850 rpm on flat water. I have only one AGM and four 31 series lithiums in back. I feel it could reach 70. I don't use my live wells and always have a full tank. Things getting a little hairy above 65 and on big reservoirs I need to use my chartplotter to navigate through channel markers, much to fast to see ahead for them. I carry a light load. I've been cruising more lately at 48 or so to save fuel, it made a big difference and when to wake boarder boats are out it is a much smoother ride. I just trim in to cut through rather than go airborne.
I've yet to get a rooster tail. My old Z7 shot one heck of a rooster.

I'll play with jack, I've yet to get it past 2.

I consistently run 65 gps mph 240 pounds of fuel 48 pounds of ice, 16 rods and reels, 2 ppl at 375 pounds and another 120 pounds of tackle rods, reels tools, rain gear, etc.

I find with the 12 inch screen at a 45 to 60° angle on the nose and the front butt seat installed. I lose almost 1-2 miles an hour.
With the screen flat, the seat removed a under half a tank of gas and driver only I’ll go 67-68

When I adjusted my jack plate trying to find top speed I had to do it in 1/10 inch increments using a set of calipers. And the jack plate Has to be adjusted for the load configuration. If you then move a bunch of tackle from the back compartments to the front compartment, you have to do the whole process all over again because it changes the center of gravity of the boat and it rides completely different.
2021 Z19 SC, 200 Pro XS- Fury 23P

PS. Dual power poles cause my suv to get less mileage when towed in up vs tilted forward so if you have dual power poles, there’s probably a slight speed penalty also

July 1 tournament Z19 passing a 21 foot Skeeter/250 at 65 miles an hour
If the Skeeter would have trimmed the motor up and get more of the boat out of the water I think the end results would have been different.;)

If the Skeeter would have trimmed the motor up and get more of the boat out of the water I think the end results would have been different.;)
He actually did have it trimmed up almost correct, and then he went over trimmed the nose fell and that’s when I passed him, as we were getting closer to him we were getting water droplets from the rooster tail and at that point I knew it was only a matter of time before we passed. Too many people think a rooster tail is going fast……. it’s not! it’s just HP slinging water in the air. If you were running a surfaced prop or a different kind of an out drive then maybe a rooster tail is great ?

ps. Only one person in the Skeeter, that alone should’ve given him a great advantage

He actually did have it trimmed up almost correct, and then he went over trimmed the nose fell and that’s when I passed him, as we were getting closer to him we were getting water droplets from the rooster tail and at that point I knew it was only a matter of time before we passed. Too many people think a rooster tail is going fast……. it’s not! it’s just HP slinging water in the air. If you were running a surfaced prop or a different kind of an out drive then maybe a rooster tail is great ?

ps. Only one person in the Skeeter, that alone should’ve given him a great advantage
The rooster tail should be no higher then your motors cowling even with a surface piercing prop like a Fury, the old chopper props where the real high rooster tail props. They don't make them any more because the blades would eventually come off. Now a days super high rooster tails are all show no go.

My biggest problem as far as trimming goes is that the trim guage doesn't read anything until it reaches tilt. I brought it in for this reason. I asked if if should read zero when fully trimmed in and they said the trim switch was in the correct position on the motor. I know that's BS. The rake of the hull differs from boat to boat and on a Z19Pro it is quite a high degree of rake. I haven't done it yet but soon I'll adjust it myself.

My biggest problem as far as trimming goes is that the trim guage doesn't read anything until it reaches tilt. I brought it in for this reason. I asked if if should read zero when fully trimmed in and they said the trim switch was in the correct position on the motor. I know that's BS. The rake of the hull differs from boat to boat and on a Z19Pro it is quite a high degree of rake. I haven't done it yet but soon I'll adjust it myself.
Let us know how that goes. Mine is doing the same.

Had the dealer drop the motor one hole, and lost 8 mph! Before that I could only tilt the motor up one maybe 1.5 lines on the tilt gauge before the rpm would jump way up. Now I can trim the boat more but at the cost of speed.

Back