GAS TANK BLOW BACK

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do I know for sure the year of the motor? I don't see any obvious labels on engine or under cowl. The title reads "Model-200L PRO XS OPTI year 2018".

We bought it brand new in 2019 it was on serious discount and in another state. I recall it being 1 of 8 2-strokes left in May 2019.
For whatever reason I can not post a mercury hyperlink, but to answer your question, on the newer mercury in the lower right hand corner of the label there will be two numbers in a square. These are the last two digits of the year that engine was built. You can also check it by entering the serial number into the mercury web site. Hope that helps.

How do I know for sure the year of the motor? I don't see any obvious labels on engine or under cowl. The title reads "Model-200L PRO XS OPTI year 2018".

We bought it brand new in 2019 it was on serious discount and in another state. I recall it being 1 of 8 2-strokes left in May 2019.
Got my Z19 Sport the first week of May 2021. Motor tagged made: FEB. 2020.

For whatever reason I can not post a mercury hyperlink, but to answer your question, on the newer mercury in the lower right hand corner of the label there will be two numbers in a square. These are the last two digits of the year that engine was built. You can also check it by entering the serial number into the mercury web site. Hope that helps.
Also was verified by my insurance company when they ran the serial number.

Anyone ever have gasoline blow back out when you open the gas cap? I have a 2021 Nitro Z19 Sport. Put 5 1/2 gallons of gas in it last Thursday. Tank is only 1/2 full. Yesterday I was going to add another 5 gallons I opened the gas cap and got covered in gasoline. Happened once before, but could not reproduce situation at Tracker service center. The boat is covered, but has vent holes in the canvas cover. There was a whooshing or suction sound as gas came up and out of the pipe.
Luckily the manager at my Tracker Marine store opened the tank before I did and got soaked. I now know that you always push the little black button holding the cap down until the pressure is relieved. I have had no problems except not being able to find a lock for my tank. I filled up 91 octane/no ethanol gas for $230, at this price I'm worried about gas theft.

Wow… that does seem like excessive pressure. My Z20 hasn’t near that much internal pressure.
Still have some pressure, but I open the gas cap before and after I use my boat. You would think there should a pressure relief valve of some kind.

Luckily the manager at my Tracker Marine store opened the tank before I did and got soaked. I now know that you always push the little black button holding the cap down until the pressure is relieved. I have had no problems except not being able to find a lock for my tank. I filled up 91 octane/no ethanol gas for $230, at this price I'm worried about gas theft.
It mite be worth while to get the parts I listed replaced. I would take a video and send it to Nitro and White river Marine and get it covered under warranty or as a defective part. I told them if this happen in a car there would be a national recall before it kills somebody.

Well, my fuel fill issue seems to have cleared up approx 95%. I poured in my liquid gold at a moderate pace, meanwhile fuel was spitting out from the vent hole. I got lucky because this seems to have worked to clear the vent. I'm able to pour in my red can gas quickly and now the fuel spitting is minimized.

Thank you for you response.

Well, my fuel fill issue seems to have cleared up approx 95%. I poured in my liquid gold at a moderate pace, meanwhile fuel was spitting out from the vent hole. I got lucky because this seems to have worked to clear the vent. I'm able to pour in my red can gas quickly and now the fuel spitting is minimized.

Thank you for you response.
Sounds like a bug got into vent tube and partly blocked it. Glad it's cleared up.

Latest posts

Back