Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScottWVa

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have a 1991 Nitro 180TF. I bought it last spring. So far, it's been an absolute nightmare. LOL Still haven't actually fished out of it. Mechanical failures and questionable installations from previous owners have made this boat a pain in the you know what. I thought about selling it but realized I'd never get what I owe out of it. So, I'm going to spend this spring and summer trying to bring her back to life. She needs a rear deck, gas tank removed and cleaned, trolling motor, and for some reason the previous owner had the deep cycle wired as the cranking battery and two cranking batteries wired to run the trolling motor and electronics. It has a switch panel and radio with no wires running to them at all. I'm hoping you fine folks can help me on my journey to make a life-long dream come true. I'm 50 years old and this is my first bass boat. So here we go!

I feel your pain. Mine was a fun project but some days I wanted to set fire to it. Lol. The wiring can be a pain. I was able to run new wire for what I did. The trolling motor was a 12/24 set up. I reused the old wire and reconfigured it for straight 24v.

Getting the gas tank out should be pretty straightforward. Just alot of removal of batteries and deck lids to get it out. I have 92 180tf so I would think they are similar and you won't need to take the top cap off to get the tank out.

Good luck and I hope it goes smoothly for you.

Latest posts

Back