Taking on water

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdcashion57

Reaction score
225 hp 2022 V-19 Tracker Combo bought new taking on water. To the best of my ability I have eliminated any reason for water getting in hull. Well fill valves closed, plugs in. While on down slope of launch ramp i have checked for water, none. After 4 or 5 hrs just putting around fishing knowing that no water has come over back. Plus the access caps in gas filler area are in and tight. Turn on bilge pump and boom 2 or 3 gallons get pumped out. I have had this boat since the 1st of the year and have payed attention multiple times and can't figure out how it's taking on water. Any ideas, Anyone else experiencing this.
Thank you

park it in the driveway and get out the hose, level the keel and run in some water.wherever the water comes out is where its getting in.

225 hp 2022 V-19 Tracker Combo bought new taking on water. To the best of my ability I have eliminated any reason for water getting in hull. Well fill valves closed, plugs in. While on down slope of launch ramp i have checked for water, none. After 4 or 5 hrs just putting around fishing knowing that no water has come over back. Plus the access caps in gas filler area are in and tight. Turn on bilge pump and boom 2 or 3 gallons get pumped out. I have had this boat since the 1st of the year and have payed attention multiple times and can't figure out how it's taking on water. Any ideas, Anyone else experiencing this.
Thank you
Had the same thing happen to my 2021 Z19 Sport last year. Did the same thing you tried even just sitting at the dock for an hour, checked and no water, but after going out on the water for a hour I would have water in the bottom of the hull. Took it back to Tracker Service Center and they said didn't find a leak, but I saw some extra silicone caulking along the back hull seam. Also I found there was water along the mid starboard / right side of my boat just in front of the back seat.. Other members believed it may have come from the water tube for the speedometer having a cut or hole or not connected right. after five days at the service center no more leaks.

Had the same problem with our V-19. While on the water I opened the round hatch by the motor and with a flashlight I saw one of the hose clamps on the live well lines was leaking. It wasn’t easy to get to but after tightening it up, no more water in the bilge.

Years ago my boat was leaking and it was a loose hose to the livewell pumps where it went through the transom. filling the bilge did not find the leak since the water pressure was not high enough to to push through, but smacking the water at speed would squirt around the hose nipple..

Had the same problem with our V-19. While on the water I opened the round hatch by the motor and with a flashlight I saw one of the hose clamps on the live well lines was leaking. It wasn’t easy to get to but after tightening it up, no more water in the bilge.
If it was hard for you to get to, then it was hard for the original person to get to and he probably abandon that connection to begin with.

The factory doesn’t have the floor decking on when they assemble the plumbing. It’s was just your typical poor workmanship that you see more often these days

Years ago my boat was leaking and it was a loose hose to the livewell pumps where it went through the transom. filling the bilge did not find the leak since the water pressure was not high enough to to push through, but smacking the water at speed would squirt around the hose nipple..
Had the loose live well clamp also, just spinning around the fitting. But I hadn’t use the live well yet. Chalk it up to very poor quality control at the factory.

As has already been said using a hose put some water in the bilge and check for a leak. If nothing is there, have someone put the hose up to each and every drain on the back pushing water in under pressure while you look in the bilge area. I'm betting it's a loose hose at a fitting!

Thank you
Had the same issue, figured out it was silicon around motor bolts. Loosened, put marine grade silicon, issue gone. Drove me crazy for a year.

Latest posts

Back