which one

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Taylor2

Reaction score
I'm upgrading my POS hummingbird this winter to either a Lowrance X97 or an Eagle FishMark 320 the only really noticeable difference for the two that I can see other than the 220 dollars is the lowrance has 3000 watts vs. eagles 1500 watts. Is that worth it for someone who really doesnt fish very deep water anyway?

The Lowrance also has a LCD Flasher mode. Higher wattage results in higher target seperation also, though usually not seen in automatic mode. If you leave it on auto all the time, get the Eagle. If you are a techie (like me) and use it in manual mode, get the Lowrance (if money is not a problem).

If you dont think you need it you probably dont. I know you will be happier with either the Eagle or Lowrance over the bird.

I've used Humminbird Eagles, Lowarnce, Bottomline, etc and they are all great. Depends on what you like. I mostly stay with Lowrance now. I have an X47 and a X something or another love em. One even plays Anchors Away.

fatrap

I believe that also, the Eagle does not hold the settings when turned off, unless they've upgraded that now. Still, I have 3 Lowrance units on my boat and love them all.

I have the Eagle on the front and Rob's right...I never ever did figure out how to save the seetings but, is a good unit. My next LCR will have about 50,000 watts LOL...I am buying a higher peak wattage unit because it does seperate fish and cover better.

TEE

BTW..My Eagle plays 5 different tunes.

Have you looked at the Garmin??? I have the 168 and the 240...I love them both......

Kraig

I use Garmin fishfinder 160 on my boat easy to use and they have 3200 Watts...aLL FOR $169.00 not to bad.

shaun

Have an Eagle Accura 240 and a Fishmark 320 and love them both. They also save your settings as the Lowrance do.

I have two Eagle Fishmark 240's. Work great except in real shallow waters. I hear the Lowrance's have the same problem. The 240's also save your settings. My .02 is that you can't go wrong with either

My X-87 rocks. Just freaks out in super shallow weedy water. Reads 900 feet, though it's only rated to 600....go figure.

Guys, all depthfinders freak out in shallow water. Turn it off auto....put it on manual and turn the sensitivity down.

Mini

I loved my two Garmins (160 and 240) that I had on my Targa. Probably going back to them on my Stratos this winter.

Tex

Latest posts

Back