Straw poll

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffry Skidmore

Reaction score
I hope to get a lot of response because this is an issue I'll be facing soon.

Which fish finder/ gps unit do you like and why? Hummingbird 1198 or the comparable Lowrance?:blink:

Sorry but I don't think you will. This has been debated to death and it usually ends up with the advice to try them both in the store and pick whichever one you like best. Its a Ford, ChevY, Dodge thing.

TOXIC

Well dang! I was @ BassPro Nashville yesterday and the Lowrance looked really great, but my buddy( who has been doing this for years) has the Humminbird. I'm so confused, I don"t know which way to point my pecker!:wub:

Well, whichever way you point it, keep it out of the electronics. That would hurt! :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

If you have a friend that really likes the HBird, and you trust his judgement - go for it.

The one thing that I find constant on this site, is the superior level of Customer Service that HBird seems to have. I'd consider factoring that into your decision.

Tex

I'm still waiting for the mega company merger so I can get a new "Lo-Bird" or "Hummirance". :lol::lol::lol:

Just echoing the above. Like most major competitors on our lil' blue marble, there are positive and negative with both. Personal preference is the ultimate deciding factor. Good luck! ;)

I agree with the others that this is a personal decision. What bothers me, though, is flying across a lake with all the speed I have, using my HDS8 with structure scan to locate a great spot, casting with rods and reels worth hundreds of dollars each, and having an old fellow with a beat up jon boat and motor that barely runs show up and catch a limit on a rod with half the guides missing and a reel that sounds like a box of loose parts.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good one Randy!

All the best,

Glenn

Personal experience - HB has way better customer service and longer lasting units. YMMV. AND as a bonus, we have Greg on here to answer questions!!

Latest posts

Back