Console Power Out

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My entire console power went out on my 2022 Z19 Pro. I believe it is that crappy switch on the console, when I press it the indicator light turns red and then turns off. Last year it turned blue and stayed on. I've been forced to moved all my depth finders (power cable NMEA0183) and the NMEA 2000 power cable) power to another fuse box that my stereo is hooked to use my Graphs. They are backed up at the dealership right now and I can't get it in. My multimeter shows power right up to the switch and nothing beyond it. The two other wires on the switch go to the combo fuse block with relays epoxied onto them (A cheap and stupid move). One thing I noticed when the power switch failed was that the fuse box label was incorrect for the items that were powered there. It said Bow MFD at one fuse, yet the bow MFD was still being powered when no electricity was available at the fuse block The console MFD had no power, along with the lights, bilge, live well pumps. The motor, trim/tilt and jack plate are all directly connected to the battery and have no problem. I ordered from TEMU a dozen of the same switches that are used on Nitro boats for about $10. I'm assuming that's the switch failed rather than the relays, in that case the entire fuse block needs replacing. I don't know what the relays are even for, I assume that they are connected to the live well controls that have multi push options on the buttons. But why even tell you what they are for if they can't be replaced??? I still only have under 25 hrs. on the motor and this is the lifetime of its electrical system, thank God I put in a second system that I could use. I'm also switching my bilge pump to an auto switch and directly connecting it to the starter battery. I thought I was going to need my jump starter to power it up when a wake boat sent a wave of water over my stern last Saturday. In the old days they said never trust your life to something that ran on a battery; I'll modify that to never trust anything that needs a relay or touchscreen. Garmin discovered that last one with their Glass Cockpit Design that they used successfully in planes, but tried it on their boat electronics and discovered that ionized water has capacitance which touchscreens use to indicate a touch. Without manual controls to use their touchscreens would turn things on and off because of rain and spray without you being able to over-ride them. That was one reason I like Lowrance MFDs, they got real knobs to use if things get janky.

Having the same problem today with the same boat. Checked every fuse I could find and all were good. Guess it will have to go to the shop.
Just got it back. GPS lock quit working. Only took 6 months to eventually replace my head unit. Had the boat 13 months and only 15 hours of run time.

I feel your pain. Starting last summer, just out of warranty, my control panel started to lose functionality intermittently. There are times when disconnecting the wire connectors and reconnecting them solves the problem, but not always. It always comes back after minutes to hours. Since it isn't consistent, I'm not sure where the problem lies. I priced out a new panel assembly (includes wiring) from my dealer and the cost was staggering, something like $1,300 if I recall correctly. I have since found ones for other Nitro models, that are very similar but not exact, in the $400 range. I found them on https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/

Having the same problem today with the same boat. Checked every fuse I could find and all were good. Guess it will have to go to the shop.
Just got it back. GPS lock quit working. Only took 6 months to eventually replace my head unit. Had the boat 13 months and only 15 hours of run time.
Update, replaced the panel power button and it fixed the problem.
In the meantime, the main power switch broke when I tried to turn the power on in the battery compartment.
It just doesn’t want me to fish. Damn COVID built boat.

Update, replaced the panel power button and it fixed the problem.
In the meantime, the main power switch broke when I tried to turn the power on in the battery compartment.
It just doesn’t want me to fish. Damn COVID built boat.
Them touch panels are very low quality. Then ether crack in the seam from tighting to tight or the rubber face weather checks and moisture gers in to the electronics and stuff starts shorting out.

Latest posts

Back