Opinions, Is it a good deal?

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
Would like all your skeptism/things that could go wrong on the below.

I have found a decent boat for sale that is around $4k-$5k less than other boats of the same model & year. The owener of the boat passed away two years ago and the person who inherited the boat wants to sell.

The thing is the Boat has been used once in the last two years, I can run the boat with muffs on but cannot do a on-the water test.

The boat has been grarged kept for the last two years with cover on, looks fantastic, but concerned with the engine not being used, the batts stored in the boat, (leaking acid?)

and also it was stored with the transom saver off and the o/b in the down position, can the transom be weakened by this?

Thanks all

& GM uncle Billy:D

Your right Pat, DUH

It's a 1998 518SVS, 30th anniversary

it has a 2001 Evinrude 175HP, original motor went bye-bye

single console

single axle

Manuf Plate says

175 max hp

person/weight

6/725 lbs

Which is VERY diferent than all other 518's? WHY?

I'm pretty sure I'm going with a 4xx series Ranger, either 488 or 492

Let me know what you think PAT:rolleyes:

Something is not right with that plate. It should say 200 HP. You can check it out on BBC though and look at the spec page to be sure. Other than that, do what Pat said. Test it all out on the trailer. A compression test, lower unit test, check the electrical system to be sure it's charging and figure on cleaning out the old gas and doing a carb job on it.

If the motor was all the way down and the skeg on the floor, it was supported and won't hurt the transom at all. The transom saver is really more for trailering when the motor is otherwise up and bounces around thus flexing on the transom and causing undue stress.

That Plate is weird right?

Rob, are the older 518's wide all the way around just like the newer ones? or are they more tappered towards the flipping deck.

Rob, I posted the question on BBC, I was told "some" of the 1998 518's that were designed to be used in that years Bassmasterclassic, were built for the max HP of 175hp?

Dazed & Confused :wacko:

Oh where oh where could my Tracker be? :(

Latest posts

Back