Official fall mini rally

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Marke and Curtis are coming up Friday the 20th in 2 weeks and staying at my place for the weekend. We plan to fish the 21st and 22nd. Buzz you can make it right? It's the weekend after your championship, call in if you have too. Bob G, you should be on weekdays by then with weekends off right? If Buzz can't make it, I'm sure he'll lend us the "basslayer" for the weekend as Marke made the comment that he would like to donate $10 to me for catching the largest bass of the weekend! It will be beer money well spent! Doug might be able to be persuaded back up. Tom Mac and Jim should still be around that last weekend. Anyone else want to come enjoy some kick arse fall action before the lake freezes over? Oh, I think the NY fed tourney is that weekend too, so Eric, Bill, and Carl should be around, but most likely busy. Let's have us a 2002 close out mini rally. Who's game? Foliage should be getting good too, as it has just started to turn. Yup, already! If anyone wants to stay in a tent in the back yard, it's open. My living room will be occupied by Marke and Curtis.

If the nitro gods bless me with a boat by then I am in...

Jason, I didn't realize you were in NY. Come on up sometime and we can hit the water. Sure you don't want a TF 1800???? I'll even refinish the seats, then it IS mint. I want to get the paper work done on Buzz's boat before storing it for winter. But regardless, if I have to wait until spring, so be it. She gets a new jack plate and 4 bladed prop this winter, plus some new seat inserts and a keel guard! Buzz, don't kill the ole girl in your tourney OK? You'll crush my dreams! When do we go to TX to look at the 901? Or did the local owner call back?

Hey, I know, buy Markes TV-18. I know, I know, it's tin, but it's a good starter boat, and much cheaper on gas. Plus you know what you're getting and it should be much less than a newer glass boat.

Yeah Rob... I'm only bout 4 hours or so away... SO for sure we have to hook up sometime soon, maybe crunch a few smallies together.. I'm hoping to get into an 896 myself... Buzz'z boat sounds like a score and a half! You lucky bastard... :)

But what about the sparkles... The bass might not be abl to ever forgive me...

hey rob,

if your coming thru the sooner nation to tx, give me a call and we'll have a cold one. Buzz can park that 901 here for the winter and I'll bring it up this spring! Man it is still 90 something degrees here and the water temp is 82 to 88 depending on where you fish. hang in there jason as the right one will come along, just keep lookin. I ran across a 97 896 w/200hp efi for 10,500 early in the yr but didn't have the monies. oh yeh, i keep seeing "summit" and "savage" packages on these boats. what are these packages?

Jason if you want my boat I'll put sparkles on it for you...LOL

Marke

James it's an option package kind of like when you buy a car or truck loaded. It gets you some extras like covers, paint schemes, premium seats, swing away tongue, etc. But the hulls are no different.

Hey Tox, when the '20 Avalanche finally comes to be, I will most likely switch back to white meat again! LOL

I've got an open mind, I'll give the Avalanche a test run IF it grows to 20+ feet. I know you have to handle rough stuff on Champy but I have to handle a small part of the Chesapeake Bay also. I'd rather out run em' than power my way through them. And I ALWAYS reserve the right to call it a day and get off the water. I don't like to get "caught" in the nasty stuff. I keep my eyes open and a weather alert radio in the boat with me at all times. Don't get me wrong, I am extermely "Hardcore" but I just don't want to have to tell somebody's wife and kids that I washed daddy overboard. Plays havoc with the insurance also.

TOXIC

Yeah but guiding here, 3 out of 4 days are what many consider "rough" water. Just a part of life. And if I lose a client, it won't be me telling their family cause I'll be gone too. Never been an issue. I know my lake, and my boat and never under estimate mother nature. My wife and talked about it the other night. When I go full time, I will have my tourney boat say a 21' with 250 HP, or maybe a 20' Avalanche with 225 when available, but also a 20' V-hull walk thru with a 150 (for gas conservation) like say a Tundra. Yup, that's it a '20 Avalanche with a 225 and a 20' Tundra with a 150, walk thru windshield, 52" Maxxum! Clients don't generally care about speed. They want to stay dry and down in the boat. Plus with a Tundra I could guide up to 3 not just 2 like I'm stuck to now, so MORE money per trip! Justifies the purchase right there! Yup, and my tow vehicle will be either a Hummer or a full length limited edition Suburban with leather interior matching both boats! Seats up to 6 comfortably. All stored in my shop/barn at home with kennels off the back for my "herd" of bird dogs. Off to one side will be the game room/home theatre! pool table, dart board, fooseball, wet bar, big screen with all the gadgets and wicked surround sound and stereo. All this NOT attached to the house. Follow me married guys????? LOL So in those blustery winter nights, you know where to find me! In my "barn", only those brave enough to venture out into the cold shall reap the rewards the barn will have to offer! OK, 'nuff dreamin now, back to reality. But it will be reality some day, oh yes.......it will!

Jason,

my boats for sale...and it's gotta move, so you can get a great deal!! send me an email for more info...capitalize on them Canadian bucks!!

Rob, I'll be in phoenix that weekend, but make sure you post the results, I'd like to see Marke win it myself!!!

pierre

Pierre the email addy in your profile bounced... Do you have another one I can use?

Given his year in fishing, he probably will! LOL The kid's on fire! Go Marke, go Marke, go Marke. Hey Marke, back in May, yankin 4 lb smallies with Mike and I, did you ever think that by Sept, you'd be selling Nitros in Detroit working for BPS and in the fishing industry full time? Guess what's next pal......tourneys buddy. Get that 901 or 929 and we'll be reading about YOU on the web!

Rob,

Count me in for Sunday, Sept 22 for the mini-rally. My son has his final day of Hunter Safety class on Saturday, Sept 21. This will determine if he is hunting or hiking this fall.

I talked to Douglas Ward the other night and we might hook up this Saturday. He doesn't have access to the internet right now so I'll let him know about the mini-rally.

Bob G.

Sorry Rob, can't make it, I'll be fishing my last tourney of the year at Winni that weekend.

Rob,

I knew in May that all those fishies were a sign of a change in my life. But all this is still blowing me away..

Bruce,

Did you get to Pre-fish at all. Good luck up there. I sure am going to miss Winni & Champlain.

St. Clair better be EVERYTHING I've read about...LOL

Marke I never got a chance to get up there, nor fish with you for that matter. We are going up two days before the tourney, the 19th I think, for some prefishing and course practice. I know you'll be thinking about moving and such, but if you have some spare time on the 19th I'll be more than honored if you could make it out!

It's about time I met Curtis too...if he's not on his way to Champlain already :)

Bruce,

Curtis and I are both leaving on the 20th for Champlain. I'm sure Curtis can make it out in the afternoon on the 19th. After all, he does live exactly 4 minutes and 33 seconds from the ramp. Probably down to 2 minutes now that the summer traffic is gone.

Make sure to e-mail him and look into it.

Good luck,

Marke

Latest posts

Back