4 days and counting until mini rally!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Slow at work today....can you tell?

Anyhow, so far this is how the weekend looks. PLEASE, everyone that's coming chime in and correct or confirm for me.

Sue D (you have the apt, close the door and your eyebrows are safe)

Jim aka bassinfool (either Futon or queen air mattress, take your pick. Both are comfy, expect company from Duke and/or the kittens)

Rick (guest bedroom, I can't promise you won't have a german short haired pointer laying next to you in morning!)

are all showing up Friday night and staying.

Marke, Curtis, Bob, Doug, and Kenny (with 2 other buddies) are showing up on Saturday morning. Can you guys be here before 7:00 AM? I will have coffee and breakfast on the gridle going. Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, and cornbeef hash will be available.

Lunch, bring it or bring something to make it that morning. There is a Stewarts within sight that makes good subs we can hit before heading out.

Saturday night, I have Coors light and will get some Sam Adams, anything else you might want to drink....bring it!

Any smoking has to be done outside or in the garage.

After we weigh in our pike and everyone pays their entries, the BBQ will be cranking.

We have Kielbasa sausage, hot itlian sausage, hamburgers and hot dogs.

Sue will be bringing her baked beans and maybe some smoked striper. Also have chips and coleslaw.

Sunday morning for anyone fishing again, we'll have breakfast again.

Anyone not wanting to get a VT license, there is PLENTY of good fishing in NY and the parts of VT covered by the reciprocal license. On Saturday morning, I will give the "usual" run down of what hazards to look out for, what patterns and baits are working, and what kinds of water to fish. NO, I'm not giving out honey holes....at least not for free! LOL

We can all swap cell #'s then and stay in touch on the water.

Who's bringing boats?

That I know of,

Me (Eric and Sue are with me)

Kenny (he's full with buddies)

Jim (is Mike coming?)

Rick (may have room for a rider

Bob (is Marke riding with you?)

Curtis too right?

Doug (open for a ride I believe)

If we have too many boats, some can always be left in my yard for the day so we can all pair up and get to know each other AND SAVE GAS!!!

Be forwarned, where ever you're coming from, here the gas is $2.21 a gallon for the cheap stuff right now. Try to run your tanks empty and capitalize on the wonders of VT's lower taxes just across the bridge.

Rob,

I'm not sure who's riding with me, but I'm dragging my boat over anyways. Curtis is planning on bringing his boat, so we should have enough. If Marke fishes with Curtis, I'll have a spot open on my boat.

I don't want your honey holes for free, just a place to hit the hawgs. I'm getting closer to the 5 pound mark, I want to do it while the getting is good. I'm probably gonna fish on Friday up north since I don't spend too much time up that way in May.

Hey Doug,

Weather permitting, I plan on launching Friday at the Alburg Passageway. Let me know if you want to fish, I'll pick you up at your dock.

Bob G.

Well, May is when the gettin's best! So git er done!

I'll be by myself. If anyone wants to ride with me your more than welcome.

Rob don't buy any hamburger, I've got plenty I'll bring along. I'll also see if I've got a few packages of venison left and bring it along also. I'll also bring along a 1 lb can of coffee. I plan on leaving straight from work 4:00 PM Friday afternoon and heading your way. Should get there around seven or a little later depending on traffic. See you then. Jim

We'll be there waiting. Don't let me forget to drop that venison into some marinade that night so it "simmers" all day Saturday!

Rob,

I'll have coffee with cream & sugar, 2 eggs over-medium with bacon and toast....see you at 6:00 :eek:)

Bob, you should save some gas and leave your boat home and fish with Bassinfool in the Avalanche.

Bassinfool, go for the futon....LOL

My bags are packed and I'm ready to go!!!

Bassin Fool,

Give me a call....802-893-1601.

Bob G.

Bob, I will be up on Thursday, if all things work out. I will pick up my boat on Thur also. One way or another I will see you on Friday weather permitting. I need to get my boat in the water as it never made it in the water last year to make sure its running okay.

If anybody needs a place to stay let me know, I am right on the lake with a dock a quick ride to the NY side weather permitting or a longer drive.

Douglas,

I'll give you a call on Thursday night.

Bob G.

I'm not wearing a dress....but I just did my eyebrows. I figure I better do'em before Rob tries.

Toxic,

You can keep your dress on!!! LOL!!!

Bob G.

Marke, call me.

Bob, call Doug.

Buzz, call Bob.

Jim, call everyone above.

Doug, call Neeley and tell him to send the skirt with Marke.

Ken,

Marke is flying to NH, then coming to my place.

Come on down, we'll make room for ya! I still have a couch open.

Bob G.

Ooooh NO! If he comes, he's staying at my place and sleeping with one eye open all night!!!

It is so verrrrry tempting....I can fly out tomorrow morning into Manchester for 200 bux round-trip....but I've been jobless for about a month now, and Rhonda for nearly 2 years, and she says we can't afford it :(

Maybe if I started hitch-hiking now I could make it by Saturday.

Or every member here can send me one quarter...that would cover it!!!

Easy solution...sleep in the truck and lock the doors!!LOL!! I did that at a party....they were thinking very bad thoughts and I was a little too "tired" to drive. Oh how they tried to pick the locks on that old Ford!!

TOXIC

Ken,

Have you considered driving? Just bring whatever gets the best MPG. You'll have a free place to stay and eat!

Bob G.

Bob,

It would cost nearly as much in gas if I drove, plus 22 hours of time round trip, and we only have one vehicle now that I'm not working and don't get a demo.

Rob,

I was General Sales Manager of a dealership again, but they screwed me out of 6k after my third month there....so now I'm unemployed.

Here's an idea Rob....I'll kill your bee's for $230.00!!!

Gotta love it! Well if you can get out here, we have plent of food, beer, fish, and boats to make it worth your $230. And I still have room for more to stay at my place. Just let me know in advance so I can charge up my trimmers.

Hey guys, a reminder, when you pull into my driveway, do NOT park too close to Zeke and his tree. He will scratch the heck out of your vehicles trying to get to you so you can pet him. And he's all bark, but please don't try to pet him unless I'm out there, ESPECIALLY if the kids are in the yard. He is a big baby, but he's 110% pure raging pri&k if he thinks you're going to hurt HIS kids! LOL As for Duke, the little black dog, don't leave your car doors open or he might ride home with you.

Ken,

Come on down, I have room for you. I bought a place on Champlain since I met you at the Champlain rally.

Thanx for the offers guys, but it's the plane ticket money that's keeping me here!!!

Other than that, I have the time, the energy and the desire!!!

Ken, I only have 2 bags and I'm allowed 3....Do you know Yoga? I know how you feel, I went through the same thing when you left for rally and I was stuck behind. :eek:(

When I get back we'll hit Clair for some Walleye. They are coming out the River now and moving into the lake between Metro and the Norht Channel. We'll drag some harnesses around and see what we can get.

Latest posts

Back