Mini Champlain Rally

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Since a bunch of us from the northeast can't go to the rally, hows 'bout a lil mini Champlain rally?

I know Markey Marke is coming for Memorial day weekend and I believe Curtis too.

So, how about

Marke

Curtis

Bassinfool

Buzz

Bob G

Doug Ward

Pierre....c'mon eh, learn to fish dem Champlain bassus

Mike O, you can follow Jim out.

And anyone else who can make it that weekend.

Of course we'll have the pattented Rally BBQ at the new Chateau de LaMoy and you guys will likely wipe out my new bar stock, but hey, I'm game.

And Buzz, maybe Michelle might parade around in a bikini for you too.....NOT! LOL

I'm in....I have the whole Memorial Day weekend off.

Bob G.

I ain't comming up there for 2 days!! You have got to put me up for a week, gas my boat, put me on fish, and have Michelle pop grapes in my mouth while I lounge in the Cheateu LaMoy!!

TOXIC

Ok I'm possible in. Curtis drop me a line to let me know what's up with you and going up there.

Rob L

This sounds fun, Rob can you get together some info on places to stay and ramp info etc?

Thanks,

Cass :)

Rob L,

I don't know if Curtis even trolls thru this sight much these days. His business has really taken off and he is one busy individual. Try e-mailing him directly.

I do know that Curtis and I will be fishing Winni on Thur/Fri and driving to Bob G's house Fri night. We'll fish Champlain on Saturday. Then we'll eat Rob out of house and home Saturday night.

We may be driving back to NH Saturday after dinner because I have to fly out Manchester on Sunday night so I don't know if we'll fish Champlain Sunday or not. If we do it will only be for a few hours in the morning.

I can tell already that this will be my best trip home since I left a year and 1/2 ago.

OK, I'll get the ball rolling for this one. I have room for 1 person or a couple (if anyone brings a spouse) in the guest room. It has a king bed. I can see if the kids can stay with my mom that weekend and free up there rooms. Cody's bed can hold 1 adult, and someone would need a sleeping bag for Aiyana's room. Adults won't fit on her day bed.

I can put another on the couch. And if my sister in law is not actually staying in the apt by then, I can put someone in there. So potentially I can house 5-6 people for the weekend. We will have 2 bathrooms up and running by then, so all is good there. Plenty of room to park and I can run leads for chargers.

Here are some places:

Everyone's "favorite" the Stonehelm, right off of exit 40 off of I-87. (518) 563-4800. And there is a gas station and deli directly across the road. However, I really do not recommend it any longer as they are housing low income folks on the back side and there has been a rash of buglaries and thefts associated with that. Stay there at your own risk.

The Pioneer, just down Rte 9 a bit, and has their own tackle shop: 563-3050. Nice place but only has about 25 rooms I think. So book early.

The Super 8 which is exit 39 off of I-87 and right as you come out to RTE 9 from the ferry for VT is 562-8888 and they have a pool. Also a Stewarts gas station with "deli" out front as well.

For anyone with Toxic's kind of money that wants a SUPER nice place to stay, the Point Au Roche Lodge is less than a mile from the lake and is a B&B with rooms that overlook a game presever (nothing to eat breakfast and watch deer) with hot tubs and fireplaces in certain rooms. But that one is around $180 a night. If anyone wants that #, let me know. I can't find it right now.

For VT and/or NY licenses, go to my website, www.northcountrybassandbirds.com. Rich was awesome enough to put a link on there for me so you can get your licenses that way. By the way, our esteemed web man and founder of this site designed and hosts my site.

Get a Hot Spots map of Champlain if you don't already have one. You will only need the Northern section.

Baits to bring:

Grubs/tubes

Spinnerbaits

Jig n pig

jerkbaits

topwater

Those will catch you all the LM or smallies you can handle.

If you have anything special you like to drink....bring it YOURSELF! LOL Stocking a bar is 'spensive! And that goes for cigars too.

Any questions, e-mail me and I will send you my #.

On my typical NTOWS BBQ menu:

Bacon wrapped scallops

Grilled hot italian sausage w/ peppers and onions

grilled bradwurst (sp?)

hamburgers

Likely venison if Bob brings it, I didn't get a deer last year....hint, hint!

and beer, lotsa beer.

Those ought to cover the basic food groups!

Sue for you, always.

I can take 2 in my boat.

Bob, can you tow your over and take someone?

Jim and Mike, same deal?

Pierre, you still have your boat?

Doug, your boat available?

Rob L, you towing one?

I don't want anyone to tow a boat if they don't have too, given gas prices and all. But I don't want to have to pack 4 people into a boat either. So can everyone let me know if you're towing a rig or not and how many you can accomodate.

So OK, so far:

Rob w/boat

Buzz, needs a ride. I'm sure he's tired of mine anyways! LOL

Bob G w/boat

Marke, needs a ride

Curtis, may need a ride, or might have boat

Mike O w/boat?

Jim (bassinfool) w/boat

Doug Ward w/boat

Rick C w/boat?

Cass w/boat?

Sue D. and her hubby/ will ride with her prostaff!

Rob L w/boat?

Pierre w/boat?

those two comprise the Canadian Connection

Tox can't come....slacker!

How about Stan Jones? You out there Stan?

Hey this is shaping up nicely. Maybe we can do a fish fry one night with some perch, walleye and crappie. If we can catch enough crappie. I know we can get the perch and eyes, but crappie is another story.

Any one that wants to brave the Avalanche, I can take one or two. I'm quite comfortable fishing three from my boat.

Any place to pitch a tent Rob for 1 or 2 nights?

Plenty of lawn. You can pitch it in the garage if it rains if you dont' mind the smell of gas and oil! LOL

Rob,

At this time I can not see any reason why I can not make it as close as I am.

Rob,

Do you plan on launching at Point Au Roche? I can tow my boat over and take someone. I was originally planning on Marke or Curtis anyways.

Don't forget that bass is "catch and release using artificials" on VT side since the official season is not open. I think NY is still "officially" closed for bass then. Not a problem "pike" fishing though!

Bob G.

Still have a boat, will likely be there for the day only and will bring a new Nitro Owner...

Pierre

Bob, I know. We will either launch at Chazy or Pt Au Roche. I KNOW when the season is. We're perch fishin'! And in VT all I do is catch and release with artificial.

Pierre, sweet. What's her name? Kidding

Guys,

Curtis wasn't planning on towing his boat but if we run into a boat shortage I'm sure he'll be more than willing to bring his.

Marke

Rob,

I know that you know what the fishing regulations are for NY and VT. I posted that info for everyone else's sake that might not know!!

I'm not sure if there will be any venison steaks left by the end of May, but I will have burger left for sure and can have my wife whip up something.

Bob G.

WHAT? NO steaks left? What kind of greedy monster are you??? Dontcha know ole Buzzy and I didn't bag a deer last year. And after all I've done for you. What with showing you the tires and all......humph. See if I show YOU any more special secret spots. Leave ME off the venison steak list will ya???? Just for that, I might just whip up a special snow dance for Chittenden county tonight!!!

Bring it on......still have the snowblower and plow blade hooked up!!! It is only April!!!!!!

Bob G.

Rob, If we talk really nice to Mike O' maybe he will bring some of his venison. I'll check my freezer also and see what I have.

I would like to go but I was reminded of a prior commitment for that weekend. I would like to find out about accomidations up there so if you do this again next year I can plan early. I would love to stay at Point Au Roche Lodge but they don't take dogs and we don't go anywhere without our little bundle of joy.

Cosmo.jpg

Have Rob I think I can make it up for one day let me know what day or days you are planing for. Mark

I just got off the phone with Curtis. He'll bring his boat up. If we need it, fine..if not, he'll leave it at Bob's house.

As far as Sunday goes, we'll just play it by ear. If the fishing / weather is good then we'll crash at Bob's house on Saturday and fish Champlain on Sunday too. If there's a stiff South wind predicted for Sunday then we'll just head home Saturday night and fish near the Manchester airport somewhere on Sunday.

It'll all work out.

daaaayyyyuuummmmm....if I get enough morel's early in the season, I just mught have to skip a weekend of 'shroom hunting and join you boys.

'cepting I ain't gonna sleep with uni-brow!!!

Mark, I am planning on fishing all 3 days.

Cass, I've seen dogs there before and the owner has dogs all around there herself. Are we talking about the same place?

Rob, I went to their web site and the site said, no pets. I can call and ask. Thanks

Rob,

Are you going to do door prizes? And can I bring something for the BBQ?

Sue

Any fish with teeth in that puddle? If I can get the Friday before off, I might head up.

Rich D

Let's have a door prize for the person going to both rallies!!! LOL!

Bob G.

Funny Bob! Lets have a prize for the biggest "to do" list on their house! LOL

Rich, pike, musky, walleye, take your pick. Lake Champlain is supposed to be the best pike fishing south of Canada according to Field & Stream. I can't keep the stupid things off my line. The best area for them is Rouses Point. I took Bob, Marke, and Buzz there last time Marke was out and we nailed a bunch. Nothing big, maybe a 5 lber, but there are 15-20 lber lurking in the weeds. Plus the Chazy River has 30+ lb musky in it, but you need BIG tackle for them and usually live bait like suckers or rats. The old timers used to use kittens. Now that's sick.

Check out my web site and you'll see typical picks of northerns and musky.

Latest posts

Back