Nitro 929 CDX DC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad White

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to buy a boat in the next few months and I would appreciate any feedback from current owners. I really like the looks and size of the 929 and I have read alot about its superior handling in rough water. I started out looking at the trackers but once I put my eyes on a nitro, I soon forgot about the trackers. I'm looking for some pro's an con's. Also for all the Optimax owners...Are they really worth the extra money compared to the EFI's? Thanks

Brad, I have owned a 929 for over two years and it is the best riding and fishing boat I have ever been in. I fish a lot of big water and I have never got wet from spray or have I ever had a concern about my boat getting me back to the dock. I can not say anything that I don't like about it. I don't know about the Opti, I have a 250 XB and it is a strong reliable engine, no problems with it either. Good luck in what ever you buy. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

You will like the ride, of course. If you have not gotten wet then you haven't fished in really windy conditions. It just happens. I drive the 911 with 225 optimax. I use to think optimax was a waste of money, and i have owned several Merc EFIs. Optimax has better power on demand, better idling, smoother, smoke free operation, and of course gas mileage is better. I have been nothing but impressed. This boat like the 929 is rated for a higher hp, but i still get 70 mph out of it. Remember the optimax gives a better warranty over the standard warranty for the EFI. This is mandated by the EPA by 2006. There is a used 2003 929 with 225 optimax for a great price in the swap and sell.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back