New Humminbird GPS Fishfinders

• Thread starter Mad Kayaker [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/1
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Kayaker

Reaction score
A while back I asked about the new Humminbird GPS fishfinders - the one with 3D graph - 947C and the one with their imaging technology - 987C. I had a chance to talk to the rep and decided to go with Humminbird over Lowrance and to get both - I have a sweet tooth when it comes to technology. Now I know its overkill and I know what some of the comments might be about getting both units, so let me explain something first ...

Well, my cousin Eddie told me that a friend of a friend of three-finger Wu was looking for a fourth guy for a job in Jersey and that the pay would be 10 large if we got it done cleanly. Well, we pulled it off last night and then drove to Atlantic City and I let it all ride at craps. I ended up with a huge payday and figured, what the hell, why not get both fishfinders and a few G Loomis rods? ... but I digress ... hope that answered the question some of you might have asked before the explanation.

Anyway, just picked them up and will be putting them in shortly. I'll let you know how they work later in the spring after I get used to them.

Bill, The Mad Kayaker

Humminbird GPS.jpg

I have been a Lowrance fan eversince my Hummingbird FishID.....BUT that imaging technology looks awesome!

Mini

yeehaa,

extra money to spend on gadets. you better get them in soon, the ice will be gone with all this rain.

GregD

Please keep us posted... I'm interesting in hearing about those units.

Mad Kayaker,

Yes, please let us all know what you think about the 947c 3D and 987c Si units. I've been getting e-mail and reading posts that these units don't even exist and that they aren't available yet... must be some other company blowing smoke up everyone's wazoo!

Greg Walters at Humminbird

PS: What happened? Last I heard of, Wu had four fingers...

I can't wait to hear if you like them or not. If they are as good as they are supposed to be, I'll bet you spend more time driving the boat than fishing.

I just went to the marine dealer to schedule pick up of my boat (they stored it over the winter) and was told it will be two weeks until they can get it from storage as the access road was flooded over from the rains this weekend and everything is backed up.

Greg Walters, you must know Wu from a few years ago before the falling out with the triad ... let's just say that you can't stretch the truth about the size of your catch with these guys and that Johnny Chu with the meat cleaver is not his friend!

All kidding aside, when I talked to the dealer back in February, he hooked me up with Sandy at Northern Bass Supply in NH to get them. She knows I am a regular customer and they escalated the shipment. It's funny, when she called me to tell me they were coming in last week, I had just gotten off the phone with Humminbird and they said not to expect to see them until the end of April or beginning of May. I was really shocked when I got there and they handed them over! I porbably got the first ones form manufacturing - I just hope the bugs are worked out. Those photos aren't doctored, they are on my ktchen floor.

I will definitely keep you all updated - Greg D will get a chance to see them in May and hopefully I will have gotten used to them before his tourney! If I don't catch anyhing I will say I was too busy playing with my new toys.

Bill, The Mad Kayaker

Hey Mark, thanks - the tile and my cabinets are two of the only things my girlfriend let me choose when I had the house built! Everything else is her selection. By the way, forget about my tiles, nice tank!

Latest posts

Back