New Member and new owner of 2013 Tracker Pro 175TF

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AirForce

Reaction score
Howdy guys. Just signed up. Monday I went to BPS in Nashville, TN to see about buying a 90HP 4 stroke for my 1993 I just finished restoring after 1.5 yrs. Get there only to find out they have NO 75 to 115 4 strokes and won't have any until at least July. Holly cow, that sucks, so may as well wait until this fall or go to another mercury dealer. But I had a hole burning in my pocket with my new BPS Visa card.

So I left and went and had lunch with my former co-worker buddies. I told them what happened and they asked me how much I thought my 93 Nitro w/1990 Johnson 115hp, PowerDrive v1 wireless trolling motor, new seats, new carpet, new wiring, new steering gear, new Lido guages and wired for 2 locations for a Humminbird 597. I said probably 5 grand. So they said why not sell it and buy a new boat. I thought about it and drove back to BPS and looked at the boats. I narrowed it down to about 3, a 175TXW w/60hp, a 175 Deep V that had a powerdrive v2 TM on it and another boat constructed differently than the 175TXW. But salesman wanted me to look at one more that wasn't in the showroom. It was a BLUE Tracker Pro 175TF. I really liked the seating arrangement and the extra 3 seat bases, 2 livewells instead of just one the 175TXW had. Course they had the VIP card for 20% off and the $500 card if I could buy the boat today (Monday). So I did the paperwork not really expecting it to happen. 5 phone calls about my income later (3 on Monday and 2 on Tuesday) they call and said I was approved.

So I went Tues afternoon but had some conditions for them on prepping. Remove that Minn Kota 45lb 45in with HUGE pedal off the boat (sold it yesterday to a friend) and remove the Lowrance X4 piece of junk. Had them mount a 52in MinnKota Pontoon model TM 55ft lb hand controlled (just another powerdrive v2 with hand control really). Originally considered the MK iPilot but I would have to upgrade my 597 ci HD di to a 858 or better to take advantage of the GPS capabilities and I just couldn't see spending another 2 grand so I opted instead of just having 2 more stations installed for a humminbird 597 I already have. Got the same setup on my 93 pontoon boat and 93 Nitro 170TF. So now I gotta sell the Nitro 170TF.

And on top of all this, my wife doesn't have a clue yet :p Yep, I'm probably gonna hear about it REAL SOON, especially whenever she notices the Nitro sitting in the back yard out from under the canopy and notice the new boat under it. Also getting a SS prop so I can change it out for those fishing trips to Louisiana marshes around Port Fourchon and Houma LA. That's the advantage of being retired even if I have to take it slow. 13 heart surgeries and a stroke can do that to ya (all agent orange junk). But hopefully I can enjoy fishing now without worrying about this and that. Course naturally I will have to outfit the boat with LED lighting (LOVE LED's) :D

Glad you got the new boat. Just ask your wife if supper is ready before she sees it. At least you can have your last supper. I know what you mean about agent orange. Same here. I retired three years ago and bought a new Z7 and my wife still fixes my meals for me. She knows this is what I live for. I take her to all the OU football games and she gives me the rest of the year to do all the fishing I want. I am a lucky man. Have fun with the new boat and best of luck.

Thanks Daddy Don, hopefully she'll understand. I put in a LOT of hours and some money into my 1993 Nitro 170TF project over the last 2 years and was just about ready to hit the water with it. Now if BPS hadn't given me a credit card, I would have never bought a boat :blink::blink::lol: I had bought a 60hp bigfoot for the pontoon boat couple years back and added the smartcraft mercmonitor which I love (although expensive), so I'm already looking at adding a smartcraft mercmonitor to this rig to replace the speedo. That Z7 is a very nice rig. Course I had told myself years ago I'd never spend 20 grand for a fishing boat as I always thought a cheap 1500 rig would do just fine :lol: so its funny how it turned out. Course I'm still wondering if I'll live long enough to pay for it. After the 13th heart surgery, they gave me 3-10 yrs and that was 2 yrs ago in June. I do wish the wife could go fishing with me, she's been in a wheelchair for 3 yrs but she can go on the pontoon boat if the docks are right but hasn't been in a fishing boat for 20yrs now (well since 84). I've only been in the wheelchair for less than 2 but I can still walk 50-100ft before I give out. Yep, I'm really looking forward to some serious daily fishing mostly in the creeks feeding Percy Priest near Smyrna TN. A few trips to Tim's Ford, some to Joe Wheeler and Guntersville Lake in AL and about 4 trips to Louisiana for marsh fishing.

Thanks for your service.

USAF Security Police K9/100% Disabled Agent Orange

Thank you for your service Charles, if you have any questions make sure you post back. There are some of the best folks on the net here and can help with most anything!!

Congratulations on the boat and welcome to the board! You will find any answers you need on Trackers here, a bunch of good folks.

Thanks for your service, were you part of the 1041st? I've been proudly wearing the Beret since 1986 myself.

Charles - Welcome!

I had the 2000 version of your boat (ProCrappie 175 with the 40 Merc), Used it for 5 years with my kids and friends, and loved it! I looked closely at your new boat in January, as well as the Deep V boats, and settled on a Fish/Ski as my kids are older now and really want to do both.

As Toxic said, ask any questions, we've all been through almost anything you can think of!

Trep

Actually my first new (new boat) was a 96 Nitro 170DC w/115 Merc. I had been running tin for a long time and it took time to learn the new glass. Best thing was that I ordered everything that I wanted, and the best was the extended deck.

The wife's concern was the color so that was her job. Good thinking on my part. LOL. Dark green flak, pretty color and was close to truck color.

If some one cannot answer your question they can normally point you in the correct direction.

Welcome.

cq

Congrats on the new purchase - I bought one in December.

Would be interested in how the stainless stell prop does for you ...

Sorry I haven't been on in so long. Got wrapped up over at BBC plus I manage a pontoon rebuild boat forum. Done a LOT of stuff to my new boat. Nitro hasn't sold yet. Yep, wife wasn't real happy when she FINALLY saw the new boat hidden in the back yard, but she got over it LOL. I've had handicap rail made by a buddy of mine and had it powdercoated. Its mounted to the side/front of the console to assist me getting up/down on the decks and a handicap ladder system added to the trailer to get me on/off it easier among other modifications/add-on's. Loving this new boat.

Thanks for your service. I enjoy my old heavy Nitro185 emensely up here on Dale Hollow. Crummy weather this winter been busting ice more than once to get in the water. Couple of mornings thought I lost all my teeth from chattering so hard. But they are still there. Couple maybe chipped though. Sure hope you enjoy the new boat.

Oh yeah, few complaints but it seems to be the norm. You would think if you're paying for dealer prep, they'd actually prep it like clean up the metal shavings and make sure all the screws are there. I've taken that boat to Louisiana several times now, course prop shaft broke right after 10 hrs but warranty in Houma LA took good care of it. Had my buddy make me some handicap rails for it. Console isn't deep enough for a 6ft guy, much less a 6ft 2in guy but I hear the 2014 model has improved on that. But sure looking forward to it warming up. Looks like Tues and Wed I might get out locally.

Latest posts

Back