new boat,,,,, headache.....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muddywater

Reaction score
had a friend of mine tell me about this site. I'm looking for some insite on a problem with the new z9 with a 250 pro xs. hoping someone may have experienced this and know how to fix it..... I'm running a 26 tempest plus prop and my current pad to centerline prop shaft is 4 1/4. which i think is low because my 929 was at less than 3 below the pad. I run full tournament load I'm always full of gas and oil and two people. so the problem; I have a top speed of 66.4 gps at 5900 rpm. which to me is low considering my 929 with same load and 225 would run 72. hole shot is decent,, when the boat breaks over to plane the prop blows out. I have to let out of the throttle and then get back in it to get it to continue to accelerate. once it's broke over it runs up pretty quick but it kinda lays flat on the water. no real bow lift. at wot I'm throwing water out from just behind the drivers seat instead of straight out the back corners. it is also throwing a pretty good rooster tail. it's like it won't hook up. now yesterday I fished my first tournament out of it and I had one live well full and on my way to weigh inn it ran 68 mph. after weigh inn I filled both live wells and it went back to 65 mph then both live wells full empty back to 66. soooooo,,,,, the obvious question is how much weight is in the front of the boat??? all plastics and as many crank bait boxes that I can fit in the rear is in the rear. front of the boat has a dozen rod and reals, towels, life jackets, and 6 Plano boxes full of crank baits, trolling motor and fish finder. any advise would be greatly appreciated.

welcome to the forum, but I'm not a prop guy by any means so I won't go there :D

There are some pretty knowledgeable guys on here... Welcome and be patient...

Welcome to the site, wish I could help but sounds pretty fast to me. Prop to pad may help if the measurements are changed a bit tighter and maybe a prop guy will chime in. Good luck with getting your rig zeroed in. :)

Latest posts

Back