My Season Is Over

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
I am officially winterizing the boat in the next few days, my season is done, though in reality it has been over since mid July, which is the last time I have been out. My mother had a stroke in July and I had to move her out of the retirement community she lived in and place her in assisted living, which was really hard for me. Her health has gone downhill since and between cleaning out her old apartment and trying to get her settled, I had no time to fish. Just as I was beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel with a little spare time on my hands, I blow out my right knee in a freak accident (digging a hole with a shovel and I hit a root, exploding my knee). I have surgery scheduled a week from today, with the best case scenario being one month of rest and rehab and worst case of three months of rest and rehab. Thank goodness I don't abuse my sick time as I will be off work and should have just enuff time in my bank to get thru the worst case scenario recovery..Definately a fishing season to forget..!!

Holy crap Smitty,...that blows!!! Let me know if you or Cheryl need any help with anything while you're laid up...I'd be happy to swing by and do what I can for you. ;)

Good luck with the recovery,....I blew out my ACL in my left knee 25 years ago and it still bother's me from time to time...stupid thing!!:angry:

Mac

Sorry to hear Smitty..I had total knee replacement and they want to do the other one....It SUX. but It does get better..Hang In there I hope everything gets better I am praying for all...JR

Man, our thoughts are with you and your mother. I know where you are coming from. I had shoulder replacement last year very early in October. Missed all the good smallie fishing and bow season. I tried to light my fingers on fire last Friday (long story) and ended up with deep second degree burns on 3 fingers (I'm typing this one-handed - no jokes please:D) and possible nerve damage. Good luck with everything and speedy recovery!

Scott

Smitty get better quick and listen to the docs on the rehab part.

I had a total knee and like JR they want to do the other soon. I only missed four days of work, but I am behind a desk all day if I need be! My son had an ACL and was back to sports in 4 months! It is amazing what they can do these days.

Beside it will give you more time with you Mom! That is always precious for me!:wub:

Good luck with it all!

Randy!

Smitty, I'll be prayin' for you. Hope things start looking up soon. I had a big hickup in my season as well when my wife broker her ankle on 8/11.

smitty, get better. you can fish with me when you have the time. :) crappie will be starting soon (so will the schools of 4 and 5 pound smallies)

Hope your recovery goes well brudda, don't try to come back too soon, listen to the doc! Best wishes to your Mom and the family.

JP

Thanks everyone for the thoughts and prayers, I appreciate that.

Thank u Mac, I appreciate the offer..The daughters boyfriends are gonna be paying off ALOT of I owe u's for the next several weeks..!

Mini..if I'm up to it, I may take u up on the offer..!

You and your family are in my fasmily's thoughts and prasyers...

Sorry to hear it Smitty. Take it easy and get healed up. You'll be back at it in no time.

Gene

Latest posts

Back