Livewell On a 94 170DC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Sandberg

Reaction score
I just recently bought my 1994 170DC and I love it, I am not familliar with the livewell I just realized I was suppose to have a tube go into the bottom of it lol. A question I have is does this setup on these boats have a airator or is it just a water exchange? if it does not have a airator (by the way i think I can't spell airator lol) is there a aftermarket setup or something that would be easy to convert to a top notch setup?

Sandman,

I've got a 95' 170TF (purchased in 2000) and I've never had a problem keeping fish alive. It's my first boat so I'm no expert on areators, but I know mine sprays water from a nozzle just above the water line and seems to do the job pretty well. I've kept fish all day during tournaments and released them good to go. I don't have a timer so I turn it on for about five minutes every 30 minutes or so, depending on how hot it is. I plan on investing on a timer shortly, good luck.

JP

When I owned my 170 DC I had no aerator. Just the livewell fill and a standpipe to drain it with. I never lost a bass in that aerator and frequently had walleyes in there all day and very few of them died. Just remember to keep the standpipe in when you take off. The water will drain out and THEN you WILL have dead fish.

fatrap

From what Fatrap said, I guess I must be referring to my livewell fill. I guess it works for me since I make sure I get fresh water into the livewell on a consistent basis. The only fish I have ever had a problem with are hybrids and stripers, they die in minutes it seems like. I have heard striper fisherman talk about tubes, which I assume has a running water type system?

JP

Latest posts

Back