In Hull Transducer Installation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bernie botzet

Reaction score
How do you install/replase a transducer through the hull? I am looking at possibly having to replace my existing depth finder and in hull transducer which came with the boat. I have an older fiberglass Nitro bass boat.

You can whack it out with a hammer BIG FINS! No joke, just hit it on the side a few times and they sometimes pop right out. Make sure you are directing the force of the hammer blow across the transducer and not downwards into the hull. If you can

If it doesn't come out with a few whacks on the side you can also just leave it in place. I recently upgraded my electronics and the old ducer didn't seem to think it needed to leave so I just cut the harness off next to it and left it in. Placed the new one right next to it and no problems.

And if you can't get it out, leave it and the wiring if you can. I did this when I got my Nitro, and 4 years later I decided I needed to install a basic transducer in the bildge since i had installed a large quad beam ducer on my nitro, and low and behold the old one WORKED with my newer Humminbird with the Y cable just fine!

wrap up the wires and leave it. Make sure to mount new one to the BACK of the hull for best reading, not in front of the new one.

Latest posts

Back