Engine vibration on 2022 Merc 150XL

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Folks, I have a 2022 Mercury 150XL that has an engine vibration on in gear at idle. I am running the stock stainless Enertia prop. Cabelas and Krenzer marine have looked at it. Cabelas doesn't think there is an issue, however, Krenzers does and had a Merc tech come out and look at it. The tech, who I did not have personal contact with said he believed it was caused because I have a transducer mounted on the port side of the engine which he said it was too close. Cabelas did the install and it is the same distance from the motor as the transducer on the starboard side. He said the prop was cavitating on the upswing side of its rotation. He will be coming out again this spring to meet with me and one of Krenzers techs. Any way anyone else have a problem?

Take it back to Bass pro it is covered under warranty. Unless you hit something that is.
Its been back to Cabelas, who said they couldn't find it. It was at Smithboys in Tonawanda NY. They replaced the prop under warranty but it still does it. I took it to another Merc dealership who agreed there is a problem. They had a Factory rep look at it who kinda blew it off. I have made arrangements to have the rep come back out later this spring and meet with me and the dealership tech to discuss.

Its been back to Cabelas, who said they couldn't find it. It was at Smithboys in Tonawanda NY. They replaced the prop under warranty but it still does it. I took it to another Merc dealership who agreed there is a problem. They had a Factory rep look at it who kinda blew it off. I have made arrangements to have the rep come back out later this spring and meet with me and the dealership tech to discuss.
Sad sign of the times. Seems like quality of things you buy have gone into the toilet. And manufacturers are less likely to stand behind their products and warranties.

Latest posts

Back