Transducer Install Location 1996 170tf

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrcrum

Reaction score
Hello New member, trying to in stall a transducer for the Garmin 73SV, looking at back of the boat it is like a 3 step hull. Does anyone have a good picture of where to properly install a transducer with Side View. Trying to see pictures of other boats through internet but the picture is never clear enough to see where they install. The original transducer is a in hull mount, I need to install a on transom mount.

I have been awake since 3:11am today thinking about this very same thing installing a Garmin 93SV and have a 189 Sport sounds like a similar transom to what you have. Curious as to what you get back

Hello New member, trying to in stall a transducer for the Garmin 73SV, looking at back of the boat it is like a 3 step hull. Does anyone have a good picture of where to properly install a transducer with Side View. Trying to see pictures of other boats through internet but the picture is never clear enough to see where they install. The original transducer is a in hull mount, I need to install a on transom mount.
The garmin gt54 transducers are a lot longer than hummingbirds. I have two echomap 73sv. The shield stops roostertails and stiffens up the mounting at the same time,it really should be included but it isn't. Works great on my 17 targa

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230216-155617_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230216-155617_Chrome.jpg
    943.4 KB · Views: 0
This is what my rear transom looks like torn between top flat part or middle flat part. Hopefully someone has one mounted and can show pictures of where it should go

I have been awake since 3:11am today thinking about this very same thing installing a Garmin 93SV and have a 189 Sport sounds like a similar transom to what you have. Curious as to what you get back
Yeah me too only want to drill once. Been seeking all over you tube or classified sections for a picture of a mounted transducer on the 170 series nitro

Maybe this will help.

https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=W8RX0p8YS15IjHg6mm7Od7

I would mount on the right hand side of the top step of your 3 step hull. Measure 15" over from center line of the engine and mount a transom mounting plate so you don't even drill once in your boat. Gives you the ability to move it if your not getting the results you want without adding holes to your boat. Align the transducer so the bottom edge of it is even and parallels the bottom of that 3rd step. Agree with Robertalan9911, the shield to stiffen the mount is a good idea as well.

Latest posts

Back