Help, trying to locate my transducer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkNikky

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new at this bass boat thing and I'm trying to upgrade my dash mounted HDS7 (2013 Z9) which I assume was factory outfitted. It appears to be a thru hull transducer, but I cannot locate it, trying to peek inside where I have enough access to see something. Any ideas where they mounted those things.

Thanks in advance

Should be glued to the bottom of hull in the rear of the boat in bilge. May need to remove batteries and cover batteries mount to to access lower portion of bilge

in my 95 nitro the transducer is underneath the step between the seats. to reach it battreys and gas tank would have to be removed. the only way i could see it was by using a mirror. I also found a 1 gal. milk jug in the space???

Owning and working on boats, you must be a contortionist to wiggle down to the bottom and somehow twist and turn your body while maintaining adequate blood flow and oxygen levels.

Hello all, I'm new at this bass boat thing and I'm trying to upgrade my dash mounted HDS7 (2013 Z9) which I assume was factory outfitted. It appears to be a thru hull transducer, but I cannot locate it, trying to peek inside where I have enough access to see something. Any ideas where they mounted those things.

Thanks in advance
Ya same boat as yours has one glued down between the livewell pumps, under the batterys and floor pan. But one thing to look for is did they run the transducer cables around the starboard side and close to the floor.as mine was and they rubbed the main controller module thats mounted outside of the side hatch on the side of the hull. This causes big issues with livewell pump touch panel. And if you haven't yet resealed the back of the livewell touch panel at the helm where the 4 wires go into module ya best do it. Moisture gets in them and then it's a new one fix. But be careful not to over tighten the two mounting screws as that will crack the module. Happens to all touch pads guaranteed.

Latest posts

Back