getting gas imto the gas tank

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Yates

Reaction score
I have a 2004 pro crappie and have had trouble getting gas into the tank, I dont even attempt to try to pump it in at the gas station it just splashes out, I use a 5 gas can to put it in but even then I sometimes cant get it to go in then maybe the next day it will go in, its hit and miss, I called my dealer and they said that its a common problem and to try to put it in when its cool, they werent much help. Any suggestions would be apreciated.

Hate to tell you this but.....that's a common problem. You just need to learn to do the gentle squeeze. I have to put gas in my PT-185 teaspoon at a time, but I eventually get er' done. The only thing I've found that helps is to hold the pump handle up and not stick it in all the way and go slooooooow.

Harpo

Some pumps give me all sorts of trouble.Other pumps will take it full blast.

Try what Harpo said,,and also try rotating the pump handle to the 12 o'clock position.

Find your vent hose and lift it up for bout 5 seconds to let any gas drain out.. Make sure there are no kinks in it. Sometimes the vent hose fills with gas and prevent air from escaping properly and causes a simliar problem.

bmcd is correct...i had a stratos that did the same thing...after 2 years i finally found out it was the vent on the tank tha was blocked. Clear that vent and it will go in full stream.

Turn the gas nozzle over so that you are pumping upside down. Works every time. Just be careful you may get overflow when you finish unless you ease it off.

david

Definitely the vent hose. On my Nitro 180 I loosen the filler cap, remove the vent cap and blow through it to force the gas out of the hose and back into the tank. It works like a charm.

Good fishing.

Frank

I had a Pro Crappie and had the same problem and figured out through trial/error to pump slow and flip up the nozzle.

i had a 2000 PC, 90% of the time I found I had to put the nozzle in upsidedown like Dave said, and slow pump it, not fast.

2002 PT175 - pump in the 12 o'clock position and in she goes. Oh, and slow up as it fills!

JC

Latest posts

Back