1994 180 FS WIRING ISSUE.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamesgang1974

Reaction score
Was going across lake and constant buzz kicks on. I shut it down and pulled cover off. Everything looked ok. Turn key on and buzzer going with engine off. Buzzer sounded funny. Sometimes full buzz and sometimes full buzz but a lower full buzz. Kind of like it was out of juice. So I used the trolling motor for about 3 hour and tried it again and constant buzz again before engine started. I started anyway and it was pee good water. Kicked it out of get and got rpm’s up to about 1500 and water pressure went up also. So shut it down again. Only ran it like 30 seconds. Trolled the rest of the way in to ramp. Talk to some people and tried it again. Same thing as last time constant buzzer by this time it was noon and it all started 8:30 in morning. So loaded it up by hand and came home. Got home around 3 pm. Turned key on but didn’t start it. Constant buzzing again for about 10 seconds or so and it stopped. Came in house start reading on line about sensor and went out to unplug it but first wanted to hear buzzer before testing. Now no buzzer. Put water from hoes on and started it. It started pee and set and idled for and 30 seconds and again no buzzing. So now I’m confused about what is going on. It couldn’t have been over heating after setting that long. All by the way. After starting it in drive way I put my hand under pee hole as soon as it started peeing. Water was warm but not hot the it got colder after about 5 seconds or so.

Went in house to do some looking up and came back out and tried it again. Nothing so left key on and pulled cover off and started moving wires around. Never unplug anything. And it started buzzing again. I unplugged this and plugged it back in and it stopped kind of. Every bit it sounds like it’s trying to buzz. I wiggle it like I’m going to unplug it but don’t and I can get it to chirp for a second or sometime it stops and sometimes it starts buzzing again. any help would be great. I tested the temp sensor and it checks out ok. Can't figure out what to do.

Attachments

• boat wiring.png
    boat wiring.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back