Fathers day Weekend - Who's fishing??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK our 14th Anniversary was yesterday, had a nice dinner and evening w/out the kids.

Beka said over dinner "This is Fathers Day Weekend, so fish, fish fish!!!!"

So, i'm heading out late this afternoon for some hybrid/crappie action, first thing o-dark 30 tomorrow i'm fishing with a buddy who just moved back from CA for bass, and after lunch with Eli for bream. All on Lake Allatoona.

Sunday, is brunch with the family and then afternoon on the water Tubing and swimming!!

So to all the other fathers out there - ENJOY!!!

And to all the non-father men out there - Here's hoping you do NOT get a card from a kid you don't know!!! BBWWAAAA

I have a tourney on Sunday, still have not decided if I'm going, it kinda feels wrong to do that on Fathers Day, I think my boys would be dissapointed :(

Chris - Thats exactly why i'm fishing tonite and tomorrow, and sunday letting the boys wake me up and we'll read the paper and have a nice brunch somewhere. BUT no fathers day would be complete without the Tracker, so the whole family will swim, tube and cruise on Sunday afternoon.

ENjoy!

Hahahahahaha! The ol' woman works tommorow sooooooooooo:lol::p

THEN I'm sure she'll wanna' go Sunday so I guess I'll have to force myself!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tomorrow I'm off to Indy for the Formula I time trials. Love fast cars. Back Saturday evening to finish getting the boat ready to bass fish Father's day. I doesn't get much better.

Da Bear

This is the first Father's day in a LONG time that I don't have a tourney. I'm taking the day off and spending it with my family. I'll get my fishing in tomorrow during the BFL. I've been away more than I've been home lately.

Well, as luck would have it, Our anniversery (13th) is on Fathers day, and I took all of next week for Vacation.

So, you can bet we'll be fishing... planning a couple of all niters for Walleye and Stripers, and several other short trips over the next week for anything/everything else that swims!

I fish an annual Father's Day tourny up in Maine. It's usually a great turn-out, somewhere along the lines of 90 boats. The campground we stay at hosts the event and makes breakfast and lunch for everyone to benefit a kids fishing day.

Not me,......Daughter's graduation Open House..that'll be a riot....bunch of family and friends coming up. MMMMMmmm...Beeeer!!!:wub:

I'm taking that cousin that I hadn't seen for 43 years until 2 weeks ago canoeing and trout fishing on the Current River! It'll be he, his girlfriend, my friend Laurie and I. It will be a blast!!

The fishing seems to be on here in Kentucky. I have had a great week after work. I actually caught two fish on one crankbait yesterday. 13" and a 16". Seen on tv before but never thought it would happen to me.

I have drill this weekend so no fishing till Mon. night.

Good luck to all and keep me updated on the striper Sim. Clark

I'm leaving for a week at Table Rock/Lake Taneycomo near Branson. My parents (Yeah, Father's day WITH my father for the first time in 18 years), my youngest sister and her husband, and my brother are joining us. My in-laws (father, mother, brother, his wife and 3 daughters) will be down at the same time but we're not planning to do a bunch of group activities.

Three days on Taneycomo and three on Table Rock are the plan.

I will be fishing our Club T on Lake Wateree tomorrow. Back home by 4:30PM or so. Sunday morning will be some activities around the house, followed by a nice brunch out with the wife.

Both late Saturday and Sunday afternoon - recliner w/remote watching the US Open - likely.

To all - have a great Fathers day. Whether giving or taking. My son won't be here, but I'm sure I will hearfrom him. My father passed many decades ago, when I was quite young.

:):D:rolleyes::cool:

Tex

I am on the lake for the weekend..Hiding from the Daughters :DHEE HEE

I'm not fishin' but heck, I don't fish anytime:(:(

Trep, congratulations on your anniversary.. Beka must be one heckofa woman:D

No really, Nancy and I wish you many, many more..

Bill

NOT ME:angry:

The Jeep's tranny is acting up again. Won't take off in low gear so I'm not so sure about pulling a boat to the lake. Might make coming up the ramp a bit of an adventure. Had this same problem twice before and the last time was just last year. I think this is my last Jeep/Chrysler product. I wouldn't call it a lemon but it is certianly a citrus fruit.

Harpo

Harpo,...your boat isn't that heavy!! You should be able to pull it out!! (Unless your Okie ramps are all 60deg angles!!..LOL ) or better yet,...have the boy push while you floor it!! :p

Happy Father's Day to all you DAD's out there!!!:cool:

Mac

..My father's day present was new brakes,rotors and wheel bearings for my Dakota.WHOOOO HOOOO:wacko:

At least I got everything put on Friday afternoon,so after working Saturday to make up some of the money I spent on the truck....it's fishin' time..

Happy Father's Day Dads...........:D

Steve

Fishing with my brother, it's a tradition now that we started 4 years ago. Just the men for several hours of fishing in the morning.

Ate the Crappie today for lunch that I caught yesterday.... MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Crappie and beer!

Latest posts

Back