Bitter Sweet day tomorrow

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Well i'm heading back from China tonight (or is it morning??? LOL) and Thursday afternoon Eli and I will do our LAST fishing trip in the Nitro I bought from Rich almost 6 years ago. I've got a deal pending on Monday morning to sell her, and i've been gone 4 weeks, so I'll pick Eli up at school, we'll head off in the windy barely 50 degrees (I know, for you Yankee's that HOT but its been in the 60's down here lately, or so they tell me...). Eli needs to practice too, as we've not fished in 8 weeks and in 3 weeks Dan N (BlueFrog) will be his partner in a local annual pot tourney on Allatoona we used to do together, as i'll be out of town that weekend. So very glad to be getting to fish with Eli, and have the 2 of us spend the last time on the water in the Nitro together, but gonna miss the boat, and more miss fishing with Eli for a bit due to work and travel.

I have loved this Nitro, heck right after Rich bought it I met him and Jeanne on the water (me in my Tracker) and told him after seeing it, he had to give me first shot when he sold it, well he did and we bought it, and I sold the tracker and went to the Dark Side!!

After the deal is closed, i'll have the new owner introduce himself to all y'all crazy nut jobs.

Don't worry i'll still be hanging around as boat-less bank trash.

Trep

What great memories in that boat, and how Eli has grown! First picture is right after I bought the boat that fall with my Father-In-Law (who passed the following year) with Eli, and the Next picture is Eli with his 4lber on Guntersville 5 years later!

2005 gene and eli.jpg

2010 July 18 Gville Eli bass for web.jpg

Great stories, and pictures. Glad you have a deal going with the boat. I've enjoyed watching Eli grow into an angler through the stories and pictures, and I'm sure you will only be non-boat bank trash for a period of time.

Glad to once again see the picture of your father-in-law. I just really enjoyed the time I got to spend with him and the 'James Gang' in Ontario.

Tex

Well the Nitro went a new owner and home in Alabama this morning. Hopefully the new owner (a good friend of Dennis's) will post and enjoy the boat 1/2 as much as we did.

Trep

Trep, your looking at this the wrong way. Think of it as, you now have two boats to fish from when/if you visit, mine and your 700. Remember Elite final 12 will be on Lake Jordan and Alabama river

Dennis

Latest posts

Back