Avalanche Update

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMES MOORE

Reaction score
To date my Avalache has performed pretty well. One thing did happen, started the engine in Neutral, tried to shift it into gear and it locked into reverse. Pulled the cover and the shifting arm had come apart. There's a swing lock piece on it and it was up. Didn't have the shifting arm locked in place. The engine had to be that way either from the dealer or more likely shipped that way by the mercury factory. Anyway it was a simple fix. Could have been nasty though if I'd been running down the lake wide open and she shifted into reverse. Other than that the boat has been great. I've put a few scratches on her now and one bad scrape, into the aluminum under the gunwale. I've been doing most of my fishing in shallow areas around docks trees, stumps etc. where most people don't like to go. So, far its payed off with some nice bags of fish. I've tried my best to fill all the storage space in the boat but my wife won't let me take out a small loan to finish filling it. The kids I've been taking out love the boat. The last group three teenagers, two pretty good size, about a 1000 lbs extra weight in the boat and she still jumps right up and on plane. Top speed with the load though drops to 57 to 58 MPH. Not bad though for an aluminum boat, even though I'm still having a hard time convincing people it's all aluminum. Usually have to break from my fishing to open up the compartments to show someone who wants to argue the point. I will be spending some time on the St. Lawrence River this week so will give another update soon. Bassin Fool.

I'm glad things are going well. I have many scrapes also from fishing in the trees. My worst came last year when a quick gale came up and the boat got tossed into the dock while we were in town. The fenders had no chance with that wind. Too bad too, it is right on the model name on the starboard side.

Those are really nice looking boats even with a few scratches. Sounds like they handle a load well also.

Bear

Dave - They are painted. Check out www.trackerboats.com and look up the Avalanche, all the info, specs and pictures are there. Look either under the Bass link or the TRACKER

Latest posts

Back