After surgery

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Brone

Reaction score
Well, I had my surgery to alleviate the disc pressure on the nerve that was making my whold right side ache. Thanks again for everyone's advice and prayers. The surgery seems to have gone well. I still do have right side pain, but the PA says it's due to the nerve recovering from the pressure being on it for so long.

Anyhow, I'm ready to file for unemployment benefits. I have a question about my eligibility if anyone might have some insight on the matter.

The company has a policy which states that no leave of absence of any type shall extend for more than 6 months. That period occured on december 20th. I'd like to know if I might be denied benefits given that I was kept off work for the medical reasons in spite of the fact that I asked my former employer to restructure my job duties so that I could come back to work before about 2 months ago. Even if it were temporary. Then I'd return to regular duty once the doc released me to do so. What do y'all think? Thanks

Unfortunately, I didn't have the foresight to file a workman's comp claim. I guess my honesty got the best of me here. so no, I wasn't injured at work.

Jim:

How were you hurt. There are many ways of making a claim. Someone elses property, auto accident, slip and fall, product injury. Best to talk to a lawyer, there are many in the telephone books that will talk to you for free. Don't forget to check and see if you have disability insurance on your house and car payments. If you were hurt at home some states allow you to sue your own insurance company. Talk to a professional, check all your payment plans for disability insurance, check credit cards for disability insurance.

Just remember, DO NOT SKIP OUT ON ANY PAYMENTS:rolleyes: you may have. Talk to your creditors. remember to talk to a PROFESSIONAL.

Mike

I'm sorry Jim, I can't help with your money questions but I can say it's great to hear the surgery is over and seems to have gone well. Now, one little bit of advice. No matter what, do NOT go back to work until you and your doctors think you're ready. Don't let work beg that they really need you and will give you all the help you need because that will last about 1/2 of your first week back.

I know you've been around this site for awhile so please believe me when I say I know what I'm talking about..

Good Luck!

Uncle Billy

Glad to hear the medical part is looking good... I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers...

Thanks guys. I've never filed for unemployment benefits before. So I'm being curious about what's entailed. Whether or not they grant people in my situation benefits. Thanks again.

I'm no expert, but I think unemployment is a state not a company issue. I'd be checking with the unemployment office.

You might be right. I don't know really. I've never claimed it before. I just remember hearing people complain about employers denying them unemployment benefits after being fired or quitting or whatever.

Latest posts

Back