Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 51346

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone!

My name is Chad, I live in the Fox Valley area of Wisconsin, on the Winnebago chain.

I just stumbled on this website while looking for information on a bimini top for my boat.

But the most important things... Let's talk about the boat and the story behind it...

I bought a 2017 Tracker Targa V18 WT from a local dealer at a boat show after looking for a month or so and sitting in I don't know how many boats.

Tracker was easily the front runner, based on options first, then price. I don't think I could've gone with a different brand and gotten so much value.

I went with the optional 200HP Verado, and I had the dealer install a 9.9 ProKicker.

I'm also a huge fan of Humminbird and MinnKota products (dad retired from their parent company), and I get a great deal on them. So I had the dealer remove the trolling motor and Lowrance Hook 4, and install a Helix 10 MEGA at the helm, and a Helix 9 at the bow. They also installed my Ulterra on the bow for me. With all three of them networked together.

I've got probably only about 20 hours on the boat itself. The past couple weekends here were supposed to be nasty, but ended up great, so I had other plans and it's been sitting in my garage.

This boat does everything I want it to do, and better than I ever expected it to.

I plan on keeping this boat for only 5 years (sell it when bow to stern warranty is up), but at this point, that can change since I don't believe I'd be able to find a better boat at a better price point, so we will see.

And the story behind it... Well, I've had boats my whole life, and I'm recently divorced. Ex wife told me she would never allow me to get a new boat.

Divorced February 20th, new boat was ordered February 21st!

Welcome, hope you are under 10 year mark. My ex tried to come after my SSA, Retirement and a few other things, but she didn't make it past 10 years. To Bad I Win.

Never been married before, but in Wisconsin they spent a crazy amount of time explaining that if she didn't ask for anything at the court date, she wouldn't get anything.

Latest posts

Back