Update on Back Surgery

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Dufour

Reaction score
Morning guys!

The surgery was successful. The doctor removed the bulging disk and some bone to allow the nerves to be free. I have no more pain in my lower legs, just a little in the surgery area. The wife and I are both retired so I'm planning to do nothing for the next month. I'm going to enjoy the holidays.

Thanks for all the support and prayers.

Barry from La.:)

great news. so let me get this straight....Lay around doing nothing for a few months (winter) to recoop, then about spring time get out and do streching exercising for rehab (casting a fishing outfit). Do I see one of those doctor ordered fishing trips with tax write offs in the future??

again great news, you'll be back on your feet in no time

Dennis in Al

Barry - glad to hear the good news. Just keep following the Doc's rehab suggestions, and you'll be casting and winding before too long. Have a great holiday season, and keep us updated.

Tex

I had back surgery about 15 yrs ago. Just don't rush anything, do no more, and no less than the Dr. says and you will not regret it. Worst thing you can do is to rush things!

Glad to hear it was a success, good luck for a speedy recovery!:D

Good deal Barry, glad to hear all is well. I hear that ice cream is good for the pain:lol: Take care and you'll be in fish fightin' shape in o time.

JP

That's great and I'm glad you are taking time to relax. I went back to work full time yesterday against everyone's advice and I kind of wish I waited or at least went back part time. Enjoy your month off and have a happy holiday. Bill, the MadKayaker

I just posted in your other thread when I saw this. Doh!

Glad to hear your surgery was a success. I had a Microdisectomy in October for an L5/S1 herniation. I as immobile before the surgery and in MUCH worse pain after. However, now I'm almost entirely pain free. Got my life back.

Go slow. Be patient. Do what the doctor tells you to do. DO NOT rush back into ANYTHING. You have to let scar tissue form as it will help hold the rest of the disc in place and reduce the chance of a future reherniation.

Latest posts

Back