A few words would help.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Moore

Reaction score
I know you guys(and gals) haven't seen me much lately. I've been back on the road.

Ya'll may recall about 3 years ago we had to go to Ky. to bring my wife's mother down to live with us. My wife has taken care of her for the last three years as an invalid. Cathy had to go to Atlanta for a business meeting Monday. Her mother's condition unexpectedly worsened last night. Cathy had to leave Atlanta and drive back to say goodby to her Mom. She didn't make it before her mother passed. There was nothing that could have been done for Cathy's mother, but I feel so bad that Cathy had to be by herself driving back to what was the most saddening event in her life. Please send a few words up for her if you see fit.

Thanks,

Bruce Moore

Bruce, I lost my dad 21 years ago and my brother last year.....it is never an easy thing to get over. Prayers sent for you guys.

Prayers sent for her and your family.

When I lost my very best friend and step-father (He WAS my DAD in all but biology) 15 years ago, I,too, was not able to be with him at the end. And, when my Mom died in June, I wasn't there either. I learned with my Dad that while it would have been "nice" to have been there; what I did and remembered was far more important, especially to them. I hope Cathy can come to realize that all that she shared with her mother before her death will be the foundation of the good memories that will eventually crowd out the grief. And, those memories will come quickly the more of them that are remembered now and shared. With my mother, my nephew gathered photos and created a memory CD that played at the visitation and copies were given to those that asked for one. Every time it was played there were tears but there were also smiles and laughter, That is what brings comfort, the shared memories and moments. God Bless you and yours.

Bruce, sorry for you loss. I will keep you and your wife in my prayers.

Bruce, I was able to have a coffee with my father-in-law one last time on a Sunday morning before a brain tumor took his life. We laughed and we cried, but the memories are what we have. By you guys having her mother there for the last few years, those are good memories, you guys did the right thing.

Bruce sorry for your loss man..you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Semper Fi

Carlos

Cathy should know in her heart that her Mom and her were connected at the end ... and still are today. Will hold a good thought, v/r Marty

Bruce give her my best. Same thing happened to my and my dad a little over a year ago. got the phone call on the way home!

Randy!

With my parents living so far away, this is one of my bigger fears in life.

Prayers have been lifted up for your wife and your entire extended family, Bruce.

Sue and I have lost a son, her mother and one of her uncles in the last two months. Our faith and prayers from family,friends, and church gets us by. Grief is a part of life but the Good Lord has given us something to hold on to in good times and bad.

I lost my dad 31 years ago and my older brother 12 years ago.

Deepest sympathy to your wife, yourself and your family.

Bruce - I am so sorry for your wife and family's loss. Please take a little comfort knowing that your wife's Mom is in no more pain or discomfort and enjoying all the glory God has in Heaven, waiting for us all. My family and I will send prayers up to you all.

With all the travelling you and the Mrs. are doing in the area, do not hesitate to holler if I can be of any help.

A heartfelt thanks to all of you for your kind words. Cathy has looked over my shoulder and read the responses, and well,,,,,,,let's just say it has helped a lot.:wub:

Now is the time for all of the busy work and calling old family members in Kentucky, finalizing arrangements, etc. Hopefully that will help her adjust.

Thanks again.

Bruce

Bruce - It is great that Cathy got to spend those 3 years with her mom, and you both should look on the positive side that you had that time together. We can't choose when someone close to us passes (i've lost both my only brother and my dad), but we can cherish and love the moments we do have with them.

And i'm with Dan, don't know which side of Atlanta she's going to but Dan and Rich are up I85 and I'm up I75, so let us know if ya'all need anything.

Trep

My wife just went through a similar situiation with her Mother, who had been very ill for some time. While we cannot always be there at the end, due to circumstances, the fact is that she got to spend much more time with her over the past years (as my wife did when we moved back to Texas).

Although her mother passed in April, we routinely tell our fondest stories of her mother every week.

My best to you, your wife and your family.

Tex

My condolences to you and your wife. We just lost my mother a month ago and my Aunt last Tuesday. It's tough.

fatrap

Bruce, our heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and your wife,you are in our prayers.... Mike and April

Latest posts

Back