The Nice Person That I Am

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
For the people that have not had the experience of living in farm country, you have missed a treat. During the winter months, you can see for miles, and I mean for miles if the weather permits. Last Thursday evening and night we received around 3 inches of blowing and drifting snow, when I say blowing snow we are talking winds of 30 to 40 mph.

My adorable wife left for work on Friday morning about five minutes before me. She was driving our Explore V-8 with all wheel drive and 4-wheel drive (she has been driving this for the last few months due to the weather; her car is in the garage under a cover until the weather breaks). A mile or so down the road, I started noticing heavy snow drifts across the road, and then I saw our Explorer in a drift that started about 2 feet high and ended around 4 feet high My adorable wife had made it 25 yards or so through this drift, and had buried the Explorer up past the bumpers. She stayed on the road and did not slide off into the ditch.

Being the nice person that I am, I stopped my Jeep got out and walked through knee-deep snow to see if she was OK. She was. I checked to make sure she had her cell phone and AAA card, she did. We laughed for a minute, I gave her a little kiss on the check and then I walked back to my Jeep, got in, turned around and took an alternate route to work.

cq:D

When DC got snowed in, my wife TOOK my Jeep. Luckily, I am in Florida!!:lol: She went everywhere when no one else would get out. Did everyone's grocery shopping and delivered!!

TOXIC

I had a 1987 Cherokee that, because of my job, had dual controls. Right hand steering, brake, accelerator, and turn signals. When the P.O. started supplying us with vehicles I took the extra controls off and sold the jeep. Biggest mistake I ever made:(:angry: That

jeep would go anywhere and like Toxic's wife, I was the one in the community who went for groceries, etc. Now every time it snows Nancy yells and wants to throw things at me:rolleyes::D

Uncle Billy

Here is what I know about 4WD... I have had a 4X4 since I was 17yrs old (Jeep, real one, then a Ford Bronco in college). Not something that you need everyday... But, once or twice every year (sometimes more often when towing and fishing) there is that moment when you kick it into 4X4 and think to yourself, "this is why I have this thing!".

It's why if it will start and run in 4X4 it is never worth less than $2000 no matter how much rust or dents!

It is also why a Country Boy will survive!

I won't be without it. Snow in the North and sand down here in Florida my Silverado has done double duty. My Wrangler is now just a backup vehicle for the wife. 267k and going strong. Lauren already put dibs on it for a college car.....we'll see:lol: I have a hard time putting a young driver in a 4wd, short wheelbase jeep. I might let her have it if she agrees to go to jeeps off-road driving school.

TOXIC

This is my first Wangler and I am having a blast driving it.

Oversized tires and a short wheel base, love it.

cq

ps

the wife got a kick out of the feed back on her being stuck. We have a good time together.

Latest posts

Back