new years stories???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
Any interesting stories from this past new years that anyone may be brave enough to share for our enjoyment?????

Here's mine.

Had about 25, 14-16 year olds over with our kids and then 4 more couples. We were having a good time and a pretty uneventful night when about 1:00am someone says "Who's that in your back yard?" I look out and see this girl (early 20's) standing in my back yard crying in about 30 degree rainy weather with no coat.:wacko: I walk out and ask what she's doing and she says she was beat up by her boyfriend and was hiding!!!!!:wacko: She looks ok other than crying and I ask I should call the police and she begs no. The ladies take her in and get her cleaned up (all runny make-up and no visible physical injureis and she didn't seem injured, jsut shook up). All 30 some in the house are jsut staring at her. I call her sister to pick her up. When her sister arrives she is yelling from the car. I think her sister is drunk and very mad! Everyone is still staring from my front porch. Then they exchange some words and her sister gets out of the car and slaps her a few times complaining that she can't pick the right guy and she is ruining her night!!!!!!!:wacko: They then get in the car and drive off.

All the kids look at me and I say, drinking is best left to the fish!

Best part is that my wife hugged me and said thanks for treating her like a princess even when she thinks she doesn't deserve it! Warmed me right up.

Well, anyone top that??????????

Mac .... MINI???????:lol:

ROTFLMAO at Toxic!

Ours was a great dinner out with very dear friends (6 couples - we've know each other for 40+ years) then a smaller get together at a friends house. Other than that, pretty quiet.

However, as a tag off of your story - while out walking the dog in the back of the hotel parking/lot - pet area - heard a young lady 'crying' out behind a building. Gentleman with her. Cool out (50's) and windy. I made sure that everything looked on the up and up and that she wasn't in any trouble situation, then left them to whatever else they were doing.

Sheesh!

Tex

Nope,....I can't top that,.....but I don't think I would've let her get in the car with a drunk sister either,..especially if she was *****in' and hitting her even more!! I would've told her sister,.."I'll drive her home,..we'll FOLLOW YOU,..but she's not getting in the car with you either!!"

I was up at my in-laws,....we had a HUGE steak dinner and then played cards,....I think I had 1-2 drinks about 11pm 'cuz I was still in a food coma,...had a little champaign at midnight and crashed at 1230!!

No tears,....no fears,..no beers.

Mac

What happens in Nags Head, STAYS in Nag Head !

Quiet night with my Sweetie, and no kids or grandkids. To bed early because the times Square Ball doesn't change, and the obnoxious drunks don't either. I mean going out partying on the night of all nights your chances of getting stopped are highest (no pun intended)????? How smart is that???

Anyhow, the theme for the night was "Try a little Tenderness"

"OOOOh, she may be weary; some girls, they do get do get weary; wearing that same ole funky dress........." Otis Redding, Three Dog Night, and others:cool:

I have to share my New Year's experience. I have been known to on occasion have a little too much to drink. New Years eve was no exception. I had a few beers and was quite tipsy and I did something I have never done before. I took a bus home. I arrived home safe and sound without incident. I'm still not sure how because I had never driven a bus before and I'm not sure where I got that one.

It was a typical night...free buffet @ the bar, drink, get a ride home :)

So who did you ride home?:lol::lol::lol::lol: Remember, I met them on the lake....and they ate all my beef jerky......hungry girls......one stole my Schram hat in the bar as well....

TOXIC

A couple days prior to the 1st my wife ask me what we were going to do for New Years eve. I said I thought we would do what we usually do...watch a little TV and go to bed around 11pm. And she said "I wish you weren't so old". I welcomed the new year at 6am in the morning as usual.

Well as an ALabama fan I had a terrible night b/c I had to witness Auburn win a bowl game...............:angry:

had the kids over and a few politicians and was in bed by 9..Up at 12 because of the gunfire ,thought It was ww3..Getting to old for parties..Did make everyone watch Used Cars the classic movie I rented for New Years Eve...Funny Movie :)

We arrived back home on Sat from our visit to in-laws for the holiday week before. Watched TV that night as a family and, despite being in CST, 2 of the 5 of us made it to 11pm to watch the NY ball drop. Then, bed. How exciting is that?

Latest posts

Back