Who's going fishing this weekend?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
It's Friday!!!

TGIF!!!

Who's going fishing this weekend and where???

I'll be out tonight and most of the weekend here in SW Lower Michigan...Bass and bluegills beware!!!

az

Scott and I are leaving for Rich's place on Lake Hartwell about 6pm tonite, we'll fish all day Saturday!!!

Can't wait - Good luck and Rip some Lips Andy!!

Mini and I will be on Lk.Erie sunday,...different boats but fishing the same tournament...he'll be fishing saturday too probably but I'll be glued to my drawing board,..AGAIN!!!....Making the awards for the last tournaments winners...so I can present them on sunday!! Just finished the art for the Motorguide Classic shirts this week too!!

Wishin' I was Fishin'...

Mac

Going after bass on the Ohio River this weekend - Back to work on Monday - then off of work and going after bass at Cave Run Tuesday and Wednesday. Life is good.

Bear

Me and the Mrs plan to go to Herrington Lake tonite and the KY River on Sunday...

Should be a good weekend, if the weather holds....

Scouting new water in mid Champlain, little closer to Ti.

Taking a friend who is confined to a wheelchair on the Delta for some bass on Sunday.

Dennis-

I would really appreciate some details on how you go about accomodating your friend...I'm rather ignorant on this subject, but would like to get informed...I see a young man in a wheelchair out in his driveway almost everytime I drive by with the boat in tow...I have never met him, but I'd like to stop and see if fishing is something that would interest him...Any information you can provide would be great!

az

Now don't anyone go and shoot me. But I know that Ranger (purely coincidental!) custom builds boats for people in wheelchairs. Read about it once. I had thought of tailoring my guide service to physically challenged people years back, but did not receive enough feed back that made it look viable. Still would like to do it someday. Everyone deserves the chance to enjoy the outdoors. Good for you Dennis!

A friend of mine is confined to a wheelchair and he fishes competetively all the time,..he has his own boat too....20ft skeeter......he just uses the standard fishing seat up front too and has a small elec steer trolling motor control pad velcro strapped to his thigh....uses his hands to control the boat. He's as good a fisherman as most people......ya don't need legs to whack toads!!...(just a long net!)..ahhaha

Mac

BTW,...Great idea Dennis,.....invite him to go!!

Went this moroning at daybreak! Caught 14 Kentuckiesfrom 6 inches to 2 lbs and five largemaouths two over three pounds all on a Pop R! What a way to start the day!! Fished a little City lake about two miles from the house. Was back home before the wife and kids were even out of bed!

Tim

Wife and I are fishing tomorrow night in our 'Couples Club' tourney. They had planned for the summer tourney's to be at night to give us a break on the heat. Front came through, and it's only around 80 today. Great.

Fishing Lake Wylie (home lake). Will be out at 7:00PM on Saturday, weigh-in at 3:00AM Sunday morning.

Next weekend, same lake, about the same time, different club tourney.

Fishing Lake Simcoe in Ontario this weekend, and going to spank some big smallies...

Fishing a club tournament on Champlain out of Ti on Sunday. Hope to pre-fish tomorrow afternoon. Wish me luck...I'm going to need it (unless I can find Rob somewhere along the way for some pointers!) LOL

Carli

Just got back from fishing Champlain (where else??). Caught 12 smallies and 1 largemouth. Also caught 1 pike. All bass caught on a Zoom grub - green pumpkin - what else?? Biggest bass was a 2 1/2 pound smallie. I fished a reef that I had been wanting to check out and caught 10 smallies off of it.

Rob, Thanks for the grub tips. I used to really struggle during the summer trying to catch smallies. That is my new "go to" smallie lure!

I also had my fishing license checked by a VT Fish and Wildlife officer. The guy was cordial and professional. I think I have been checked on the water 3 times in my whole life!!

Everyone, Good luck fishing and be SAFE - life jackets and kill switches!!! Hopefully, I'll see Kevin Van Dam tomorrow at the Outdoor Games in Lake Placid.

Bob G.

Fishing Yellow Creek Lake in Indiana County PA for a club tourney on Sunday. I'm taking my 11 YOA son with me. It's the first tournament that he's fishing. I may even let him have the front of the boat...

I'm thinking I'm gonna get some waders tonight, and head out in Elkhorn Creek in Franklin Co. KY for a few hours Saturday night.. I'm hearing all this talk about smallies on grubs, and I may just have to try it out!! Besides, the Mrs. will be at a friend's bachelorette party, so I got nothing better to do... Except maybe have myself another bachelor party! :p

going now to prompton,going to go up in the morning to the same,maybe to lower woods for some stealthy fishing for walleye.sunday might be the same if they cooperate!!

Not me. Got skunked on Fork Wednesday. Darned Moon phase calendar lied to me. We did encounter an alligator, but decided to let him fish on his own. Man, it's hot. Going to lick my wounds this weekend.

Craig

Latest posts

Back