Which tournaments to fish ???????

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
OK I'm trying to figure which tournaments to fish? Since I have only fished one up to this point I have some confusion in deciding.Locally there is one called the Pro-Am.at least I think its only locally,but its pricey at around 350.00 per event.I joined the FLW last year and they sent me all the bouchures including the BFL, At a 150.00 per event it sounds like a bargain. Know even thought I haven't fished tournaments that much, I certainly am not affraid to try.Sure there's a learning curve but at some point that has to level off. What do you guys think. I'm just ready to do it period. Humiliation is not a factor. I always try to remain humble. Even if I'm not as good as I think can't I do it for the fun? Isn't that what the BFL is designed for ?

So be kind and give to me straight. Whats the best approuch to take in planning these events.

Have you fished in a BASS Federation Club, or in the State Federation tournaments yet? If not, that is the best place to start. If you enjoy those, then consider the BFL.

Tex

Federation or BFL as a non-boater or co-angler. That way you can get a good taste of each format, and see how you do. If you don't do well, or don't like it, you're not out much. Then if you want to pursure it, jump up to the boater side. From there, you can go to Everstarts and BASS Opens as a co-angler and start all over again. Or if you're really confident, jump right up to angler/pro. If you figure out how to go from there to FLW and Invitational Pro, let ME know OK? LOL

You said you've only fished one tour. If that is the case, you should join a bass club near you. It is a good way to get some experience before you start laying a lot of money on the table. Get into a few tour. as a co-angler or non-pro and learn. Look at maybe next year trying to fish some as a boater but give it some time.

I have fished tourn. for 15 yrs on both sides and have had a lot of fun, spent a lot of money and even won some back.

Give yourself some time to learn before you jump with both feet or you may get discouraged real fast

bob

OK. After all the good feedback I called Pro-Am Bass Federation and asked about co-anglers to my surprise there was only 91 of the 100 needed.Started giving her my info and she told me I was already listed,they just needed my deposit.They must have put me down the last time I called.They just never sent me any info in the mail.So I am in for all five. GREAT!

Thanks guys,

have you considered american bass anglers. they run a great tournament. at 55.00 this is a great way to get out and compete. thay usually have around 40 boats and pay out 5 places or more. go to americanbassanglers.com and check it out. also go to classicbass.com and you can get the complete list of tournaments in minnesota. i assume you live here if you are interested in the mnbasstour site.

another great tournament series is fishers of men. this is a team event but you can fish by yourself as i do. cost is around 135.00 per boat. this includes dinner the night before the tournament at the pre-tournament meeting. these guys are very organized group. the trail is national so they have regional tournament as well as a national event.

Arnold,

Do you have a number for Fishers of Men in the twin cities ?

you can go to classicbass.com or go to www.mnfom.com and get all the info you need. or contact mark shutz at 763-566-9141.

Latest posts

Back