Where do you put your nets?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John DeGeorge

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm having trouble finding a place on my boat to keep my net, my boat is a 20 foot dual console, I fish Muskies, so my net is fairly large, but not huge. I can't seem to find a place to put it that I am comfortable with when fishing with two or more people, where do you guys put yours?

I lay mine behind the rear seat, on the deck, across the boat. Of course my wife doesn't run all over the rear deck or flop down on the deck, kicking stuff everywhere like Mike I. on the BassMaster's tour either.

I stand mine upright, (on it's side)lengthwise, between the seat (driver's or passenger's) and the side wall of the boat, takes up almost no fishing room and it's out of the way. The handle faces the front of the boat. Of course that's with a Deep V tin boat, I have no idea what they'd do in a Nitro? egMike

I picked up one of the folding kind from BPS... Mine stays in the locker till the first fish is on (If I bring it out earlier than that I can almost gauruntee not catching anything)...

Once it's out, I usually put it between the console and the seets...handy for when I need to go to the back of the boat to help Barb with all the big fish.

I keep mine on top of the gas tank under the rear deck lid. It's not too difficult to get to, unless your standing on the lid or fishing alone.

Gene

Gene, be careful, I have heard stories of nets shorting out batteries and starting fires!!! I have a telescoping one that fits in the center front. But if I were just muskie fishing, I would use a cradle net.

TOXIC

Tox, I thought about that. The net end is held in place by the rubber vent hose that runs across the tank. The handle is into a loop in the on board battery charger cord. It hasn't moved except to be used to hold up the deck lid. It hasn't seen a fish in years.LOL

Gene

I try and lean mine up against the console, with the handle in the seat. I can get at it to assist my co-angler, and he for assisting me.

If fishing by myself, I put it on the non-boaters side, with the handle up in the air. If I catch a fish that needs to be netted, I walk back to mid-boat or the back deck, and land him there.

This weekend, fishing out of a smaller boat, my partner for the day had a net with the collapseable handle. He kept it under his console, with the handle slid up out of the way. Only problem was that when used to land a fish, you had to extend the handle before using it.

Sometimes I think I'd like the newer nets with the longer handle and the arm-brace, so that you can 'one-arm' the net easier. However, those things tend to be huge.

Tex

The cameraman holds it!!LOL I don't think you can but there are some that are rigged like a parachute that you can.

TOXIC

Just buy yourself a Pro Crappie and you have a ready made holder. In my 2000 model running along the outside edge of the Rod Locker is a holder for the Oar. I moved the oar into the rear deck (like Gene did for his net) and use the built in holder for the Oar for my Net!! Problem Solved. So sell your heavy Glass Boats and problem solved!!! LOL

In my undie drawer next to my pantyhose!

Seriously, on its side behind the passengers seat.

the net i use when fishing for muskies is the cradle, i made my own, i uses a cotten mesh and wrapped 1 inch wood around it, then i put foam pipe insulation over the wood so it floats, i drop it in the water and lead them in, works every time. just make sure one side swoops up so the fish cant go straight through.

I have been going to buy one of those folding nets, but just hestitating spending $50. Bass Pro has them on sale now, but I found them REALLY cheap on sale at www.basstackle.com $24.95 (shippping for me was $6.95) BPS has them for $39.99 before shipping.

Just thought someone else might want to grab one.

Jeff

Latest posts

Back