What is 100% Satisfied?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Fary

Reaction score
i purchased a 2002 chevy trailblazer last july. i really liked the looks, the interior, everything about the vehicle. had friends that had one without any problems.

i have had my truck for 13 months now. since day 1, i have had a multitude of 'minor' issues. a/c went out 2 times. leak in rear window. oxygen sensor went out....etc....etc.

the north carolina lemon law states that the vehicle can be deemed a lemon if one of 2 conditions exist:

1. Unable to successfully fix the same problem in 4 service attempts.

2. 20 days in the service dept. in a 12 month period for the same or series of different problems.

it took the dealer 2 times to fix my a/c. over the past 13 months my truck has been in the shop 16 days. so neither situation applied for me.

i decided to call general motors and do some digging. the lady that answered the phone checked my vin # and concured that i have had too many service incidents. she asked what i was seeking, i told her i wanted a new vehicle. she put me on hold and called my dealer's service manager and reviewed my case. she came back to me and said that since my concerns were minor, that gm could not buy back my truck. i wasn't surprised. she did want me 100% satisfied and offered me a 5 yr/75000 mile extended warranty and asked if that would make me 100% satisfied. i said no, a new truck would make me 100% satisfied and the warranty would make me about 80% satisfied. we both laughed and proceeded.

i love my truck, just think i got one with a few problems. i was actually surprised #1 that i was even offered any kind of settlement and #2 that the woman that helped me was able to make the decision to offer me the warranty without seeking approval from her superiors.

overall, i am fairly happy. i don't think i will own this vehicle or any vehicle longer than 3 years or so. so the warranty should keep me covered. i would not be scared at all to buy another trailblazer or gm product.

bryan

I've got a 2003 TrailBlazer...almost 2 mos old. So far, no problems...although I tend to think my A/C isn't as cold as it should be also!! What was wrong with yours???

Mac

some switch on the a/c was bad. sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. replaced the switch for the 2nd time and so far (knock on wood) it is working fine.

bryan

I think its really tough to be 100% satisfied with something like a truck, theres always something that could be better. I really like my current truck, but im not 100% satisfied with it. my only real gripe is the gas milage sucks and with the boat on the back its downright awful.

One thing i can tell you is its real easy to be 100% disatisfied with something. my last truck is a prime example. the thing was in the shop more times then i can count for major problems, ie 4wd issues and suspenstion/steering issues. Mass lemon laws differ from other states, in mass you need to have a "major" problem happen 3 times in the first year or 12k miles or the be down for a certan number of days in that period. what the state deems "major" is a mystery. My truck just fell apart after it hit 12k. I had it in the shop clost to 50 times in two years and I couldnt get them to buy it back. The best part is the dealer didnt care either. so i was stuck with a jusnk box and the auto maker and the dealer could have cared less about it. In the end i had no choice and had to dump it after two years of hell.

You should have told her 7/100k would have made you 94% satisfied :).

mike,

i figured i wouldn't own the truck for that long anyway. i am a 3 year max. vehicle owner.

jim,

i did a search on the internet and found the nc lemon law. a lawyer in nc had the website up. he spelled the law out pretty carefully. he also noted that the manufacturer would offer a warranty or other things to avoid the buy back. he recommended contacting the manufacturer first, then if you don't get anywhere, contact him. i knew my truck didn't really qualify, but i figured it wouldn't hurt to call anyway. and i am glad i did. i am sure you can get a copy of the law in your state for specifics. i can't imagine them being drastically different from state to state.

bryan

The last time I was 100% satisfied there was a good looking woman involved.

Jimbob, I talked to that woman... you may have been satisfied, she wasn't :)

Ok I have been telling my wife for months that I belive the AC is not cold enough...now I have proof!!!...also it kinda comes and goes, almost like it is freezing up at times..other than the 4wd switch messing up a couple of times I really love my TB...I need to take it and get it serviced.

Donnie

Bryan

the truck in question is already gone, i traded it last year on something else. I took my licks and moved on. i spoke to a lawyer friend of mine and had him write some letters on my behalf and try to mediate a deal to get it bought back to no avail. i realy in the end had no choice but to trade it in and take a financal hit. so whats done is done and i just make sure everyone i know who is thinking about buying a truck form that dealer dosent and i try to steer them to another brand entirely because of the way i was treated all around. Like i said my new truck is great i just wish it used less gas.

Hey Mike Snow, I never said she was satified. If I was trying to satifiy her 100% I would still be there today.

Okay,..that's 3 TB's on this board alone,..with "not cold enough A/C"....hhhhmmmm

Note to self:...Call HVAC Engineer and get the scoop...and get the "real story" during the annual vehicle recall campaign meeting!..LOL

Will tell you what I hear,....could very well be a bunch of bad switches....all covered under warranty,..I just hope it does NOT end up as a recall...those are expensive!!!

LOL.....my wife is the only one who complains the A/C isn't cold enough!!! ahahahhaha....I just roll the window down and crank up the radio!!

Anytime you have new designed vehicles (Trailblazer for example) I tend to stay away for a couple of years until' they get all the bugs worked out. That kind of mass production is gonna' have problems......

TEE

There's really no such thing as 100%...is there?

TB's have been around for 3 years,...they're not really NEW anymore per se,...but you're right,..the 1st year design of a new vehicle will deffinetely have a few "issues"..ahahah

I bought a used '84 Fiero when my wife and I 1st got married,..it was a cool car, but it SUCKED in the snow and it went through O2 sensors like washer fluid! Seems like we replaced those things 3-5 times a year!! Got rid of it in '87 right after Jamie was born,......it was pretty funny to see my wife try to get in and out of that car when she was 8-9mos prego.....she'd just have to kind of aim her self and then PLOP down in the seat!!...Cracked me up!!!!

I did a BAD thing too,.....forged her name on the title of the Fiero and traded it in on a new '87 Blazer 4WD and put a big red bow on the door and gave it to her for Xmas!!

I had to work on the 23rd that year, so I drove the Fiero into work,...left at noon,..went to the dealer and picked up the Blazer....stopped at Frank's Nursery on the way home and got a huge Red bow,...got home 15mins before she did and that new Blazer was sitting in the driveway when she pulled in....bow hanging off the antenna...she was GEEKED!!

I was her HERO,....and she even forgave me for forging her name and promised not to press charges. LOL!! She digs me..

Mac

Good one Mac....hope she remembers me on those"Cold winter nights"! Woohoo!

I guess it's O.K....she's my bestest fishin' bud!

TEE

I just got a new trailblazer it's already been to the shop 3 times (5000Km's) for the air conditionning and it's still not working. They tell me there's a switch that needs to be changed but I guess they can't it.?/?/? I'm about to call GM Canada to complain....this is crazy.

Pierre

Pierre, I'm just wondering. How good does an air conditioner have to work to keep you cool in Canada? ;>)

Harpo

Sorry for the confusion, Air conditionning systems in Canada = Power windows.

Reminds me of used car salesman lingo for a car with no A/C = Armstrong Air.

All of our cars were bought new by the original owner and one owner at a time. ;>))

Harpo

FYI for all of you TrailBlazer owners with A/C problems...

Seems there's a batch of bad "Hi-Pressure" switches out there that are causing the problems,......dealers will replace the switch while you wait,(if they have the part and the time)...takes just a few minutes. Had mine replaced this a.m.....the wife took it in and they replaced the switch in 10-15mins. Evidently there's a bunch of them out there,...when she told the Service Tech what the problem was he said,.."Ahhh yeah,...it's a bad switch..we'll fix it right away,...we've had several of them in over the summer"

It's not a recall (yet)...just a minor inconvenience that's easily fixed.

Mac

Latest posts

Back