Tungsten weights, anybody use them?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Cozadd

Reaction score
I thought about switching to tungsten weights for my Texas and Caronila rigs this year. Is it that much better than brass? It's not real cheap either, but if it catches more fish it's worth it. Opinions welcome.

Tungsten is the way to go....it's more dense so it's smaller in size vs. a lead weight of the same "weight"..it's also "louder",..and more environmentally friendly....i just bought a bunch of tungsten stuff this spring too!

Mac

I bought some this spring too...right out of Marke's shopping basket at BPS! What a buddy...

We were grabbing up the tungsten based on what the pro's at the B.A.S.S. University had told us...basically the same thing that Mac said above...smaller than lead, louder than lead, and not toxic like lead. They are much harder, but the ones I got at BPS have a sleeve inside to help lessen the impact on the line...

Give 'em a try...

az

Because Tungsten is denser than lead it also has the ability to transmit vibrations better. This should help in defining bottom content. Their more compact size should be a plus for me this yaer as I love pitching plastics with a very heavy weight into the dense milfoil. The smaller profile might translate to a few extra bites.

Started using tungsten because I'd heard more and more about the dangers of lead to the environment, and boy even though it costs more, tungsten is the way to go!

Smaller, louder, all that was mentioned in the posts above is true.

egMike

Latest posts

Back