New Member West Tn.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tnpete

Reaction score
Found this Forum, by researching a nx898. Found one for sale, and being I have never seen one in person. Got to finding out all I could about it. Looks to have a wide front deck up where you fish. Where it counts, not back around the console.
Started out was going to order a new Vexus 1980C. But talked myself out of buying new. Retired and don't feel I need new again. So found the NX898 and it looks to have what I'm looking for in a boat. Weight to keep it planted when live scoping for crappie, sauger, walleye and even catfish.
Now to find out the width across the front deck. Where the seat base is, as we sit side by side. Spider rigging and Live Scoping. I'm small at 6'1" and 200 lbs buddy he's 6'7" and 300 lbs. Takes some room for him. LOL Sons 6'6" and 260 lbs. So as you can see need elbow room to fish.

Anything that you can tell me. What to look out for on these hulls? I have found I think 7 for sale so far. Couple with 150hp motors. I'm no speed demon anymore. Both my boats now are Tiller handle boat. Love them, but shoulders are no longer enjoying holding on to a 90ph with a stick. I did find 2 with 225's on them, and the rest have 200's. As long as the 150's will get it out of the hole. And run 50 MPH, I would be happy. but so far those are priced so much higher then the low hours 225's its unreal. Plus if and when I sold it. I feel I would get more out of it with the 225.

Just a Tn river rat enjoying the Tn river and Pickwick lake.

Welcome. I always told my frinds get as much motor as you can afford. A motor is likeca garage, it can never be big enough. You may not "need" that much, but its nice to have.

Reseal, I'd think about if motor manufacturer is still in biz, 2 vs 4 stroke.

My 2 cents.

Found this Forum, by researching a nx898. Found one for sale, and being I have never seen one in person. Got to finding out all I could about it. Looks to have a wide front deck up where you fish. Where it counts, not back around the console.
Started out was going to order a new Vexus 1980C. But talked myself out of buying new. Retired and don't feel I need new again. So found the NX898 and it looks to have what I'm looking for in a boat. Weight to keep it planted when live scoping for crappie, sauger, walleye and even catfish.
Now to find out the width across the front deck. Where the seat base is, as we sit side by side. Spider rigging and Live Scoping. I'm small at 6'1" and 200 lbs buddy he's 6'7" and 300 lbs. Takes some room for him. LOL Sons 6'6" and 260 lbs. So as you can see need elbow room to fish.

Anything that you can tell me. What to look out for on these hulls? I have found I think 7 for sale so far. Couple with 150hp motors. I'm no speed demon anymore. Both my boats now are Tiller handle boat. Love them, but shoulders are no longer enjoying holding on to a 90ph with a stick. I did find 2 with 225's on them, and the rest have 200's. As long as the 150's will get it out of the hole. And run 50 MPH, I would be happy. but so far those are priced so much higher then the low hours 225's its unreal. Plus if and when I sold it. I feel I would get more out of it with the 225.

Just a Tn river rat enjoying the Tn river and Pickwick lake.
With all that extra crew weight you mite need a little extra power to get up on plane easily and quicker. Also a large motor doesn’t work as hard to run at cruising speeds. Good luck. Hope you find a boat that works best for you.

Latest posts

Back