Tundra

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I can't believe I did this but I went and priced a 18 foot Tundra today at BAss Pro Shop. I was looking into trying to find an older Ranger 618 Fisherman because I didn't want to go back to tin. I don't do tournaments anymore and like the multi-species style of boat. I do like the Tundra set up and new appeals over a five or six year old boat. Plus the guys I've talked to at Lake Oahe in South Dakota who fish them love em. Older glass vs newer tin. I get a good discount on BPS product because I work there.

With what'd I'd get for my Nitro and if I pay the sales tax up front I can get a new Tundra w/ 150 opti for about $200 a month. On the other hand the old Nitro is paid for but 14 years old but in perfect condition. mmmmmmmh?????????

Your feedback would be appreciated good and bad.

fatrap

Mike G

The Tundra is nice... I'd go with the WT. I don't know anything about the $$$... If you can afford it and you want/need it... go for it... But, that payment will cut down on the gun $$$ you may want in the future.:D

I just sold my older but about perfect Procraft........now why did I do this????Fever is hard to quantify. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Mike - From one of the many mikes on this site to another, get what you want but more importantly get what you can AFFORD!! Too many of our Tin and Glass brethern have gone the 15 year note route and then fell on hard times and sold the boat 1-2 years later. If you know you can carry the note, regardless of your job, then do it!!

I would LOVE (among other boats, Sim's 911 is still my 1st dream) a Tundra 18 WT with the front Livewell removed to make it a Tundra 18 Sport!!!

Trep

Did you look at JRs Ranger on the swap & sell?

Great looken boats.

Maybe Sheldon Hatch will jump in on this one.. I know he bought the 18' team edition in Jan..

If you get one -- Let me know --- maybe wet a line together.. Being unemployed:wacko:- Got some time for fish between looking for a job..

Good Luck

Rick:rolleyes:

OK, buying a new boat when you already have one thats paid for? Thats like buying a new car when you have one thats paid for right? Or getting a girlfriend when you have a wife???

OK shoot me I thought it was funny.....:unsure:

BF

Thanks for the info guys. I'd like to get Jr's boat but don't think I can afford that one. With the employee discount on the Tundra 18 WT with the 150 hp Opti it makes this offer hard to resist. $100 over cost.

The two big reasons right now for wanting to change boats is the desire to fish bigger waters safer and put my 80 yr old parents in a safe boat when I take them fishing. I plan on retiring from teaching after one more year and then just work at Bass Pro, cartoon, and do my winter gymnastics judging. I'd like to travel with the camper & boat and maybe visit some of my web buddies depending on the price of diesel.

Rick I didn't know you were in Olathe. Thats 3hrs from me maybe we can meet this summer someplace.

Greg the gun issue is huge. I have an AR that was built for me waiting to pick up. I need to sell my mini 14 first. Also have a M1Carbine that will be ordered from the CMP in about two weeks. This would seriously cut back on my arms race. I still have sniper rifle build to do. Why a sniper rifle? If you have to ask............................................;)

Tox the 150 Opti is what I'm told is the max on this boat. Berry your talking to the King of impulsive buyers. Come look at my Armory sometime.

Well I still have a month or so to figure it out. That gives me some time to cool off and consider everything.

Once again thanks for the imput

fatrap

AKA Mike Grandick

Mike, having just changed from about ten years of "bass glass," to a 16' tin multi-species rig, I can offer this: Aside from less speed and a bit more work in the wind, I am absolutely loving the multi-species/deep-v layout. Really comfortable to fish out of, nice ride, and gives a very secure feeling in the boat.

Rich

That's kind of what I'm looking for. They're saying mid fifties with the 150 Opti for speed but my main deal is more room for crusing the Mighty Missouri(pronounced Misery)River and fishing more than two comfortably on the big walleye lakes.

fatrap

Looks like the max HP is 175 --- But because of discount $1500-- It will cost you about $4200 (retail) to go from a 150hp to a 175hp and about an increase of speed of 2-3mph...

When I bought my Targa 18' -- I was looking at the Tundra.. just could not swing the $$$ / wife.

Another thing.. We had a bad "hail storm here in KC a year or so ago--At the tracker dealer-- the Targa's had hail damage to all the gunnals while the Tundra's had NO dents / damage.. that .100" verces .125" thickness make a big differance.

Good Luck

Rick:D
http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.motors&boat=2053

Latest posts

Back