Transducer replacement

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barb Baggott

Reaction score
Hi all!

Been a while since I've been on the board here. Anyway, went fishing up north, got into some big waves, and ripped my transducer off the back of the boat. (PT165). Anyway, it was ripped off at the wire on rear. My question is, can I just replace the transducer or do I have to replace the entire unit? The fish finder is a Humminbird eventhough it came with the boat and it says Pro Series 128 and Tracker on the front of the unit on dash. Anyone, any ideas?

Thanks all!

Barb

You can replace the transducer by itself. It is relatively easy [the hardest part might be in running the cable]. The mount is user friendly. You can find the transducer number on the Humminbird website or e-mail Greg Waters [email protected] and he can help you out.

I looked it up; your transducer is an XT-6-20. Go to the website and verify that the DX200 is in fact the same as your Pro Tracker 128 [I'm pretty sure it is]. Go to the Support/Manuals and look at DX200 under the Legacy listing. Your manual is there.

Do I have to rewire the transducer back to the unit? Or is there a way to just connect it to the cable that is still there?

I appreciate all your help guys!

Barb

Many times, the cable between the transducer and the unit needs to remain intact (may not on all). In short, the length of the cable and how it works with the transducer/unit, comes into play. Additionally, when you get a new Transducer, it will already have the cable connected and wired appropriately.

Best to simple re-run the wire. Just 'fish' it through, or possible try taping it to the existing cable (very tightly and well), and 'pull' the new one through with the old cable.

Tex

The wire is "hard-wired" to the transducer. The other end has a plug that sits in the mount. When you put the unit on the mount it automatically connects with that plug. It is truly a simple fix. There is absolutely no need for you to do anything other than mount the transducer to the boat, run the cable to the mount, set the "plug" in the mount, and "Bob's your uncle!" If you start thinking about cutting wires, splicing wires, or anything like that call me, because you're getting ready to mess it up.

Barb let me look in the shed I think I have a new in box unit that I ordered rong and never returned.

BF

I'll wait to see if you have one Bruce, let me know and thank you to all for your help.

Barb

Barb,

Many options here:

Many of the older units we made used the same XT-6-20 transducer. Some of the NTOWS members may have one lying around:

200DX

250DX

Mercury 200DX

NS25

Pro View

ProAngler

Storm 200

Trak Pro View

Xtreme 160

You could also use the even wider beam 24 degree transducer (XT-6-24) but it would not read out to the same maximum depth. The following units used it:

400SX

405SX

425SX

Legend 1000

Legend 1005

Legend 2000

Legend 2005

Pro Angler 400 Plus

TFX 128

TFX 160

Trak Pro 160SX

Wide 128

Zercom Z160

Zercom Z165

A third option would be an XHS-6-16 transducer that while it has a narrower beam angle than the standard XT-6-24 transducer, it should work as well. These were used with the following:

LCR 400

LCR 400 ID

LCR 4000

LCR-W

Platinum ID 600

ProFlasher

SeaRanger ID 600

SeaScope Deluxe ID 600

TCR ID-10

TFX 100 ID

Ultima

Wide One Deep

Wide-W

A fourth option would be the same 24 degree version XHS-6-24 transducer that these units used:

100 SX

105 SX

150 SX

155 SX

Mercury 100 SX

Wide 100

Wide One Hundred

Option #5 (we all need more options don

Wow..thanks Greg!!!! Think I'll see if Bruce F found one in his garage and if I don't hear from him, I'll go ahead and order one. Going up to Northern Minnesota in July, so I want to get this fixed.

Thanks again everybody!

Barb

Sorry for the delay. The one I have is a XT-6-TB-90-P according the Gregs list it won't fit..

BF

Thanks Bruce for taking the time out to look for that. I really appreciate it!

Barb

Doh! :blink:

Actually the XT-6-TB-90-P or TriBeam transducer, can work with your unit but only with the AD-926 adapter. It will work like one of the XT or XHS-9-20 transducers with your Trak Pro 128 DX.

There are actually a few more that would work but these are all more expensive transducers and would also require the AD-926 adapter: QuadraBeam, WideSide, any of the Side Imaging transducers,

Barb:

I have a new Tracker wide 128 that came with my boat. Never used it. It's yours for the shipping. It doesn't have the transducer, but does have the power wires. I have one of the Matrix on my boat with a Garmin 160 on the bow.

[email protected]

mike

Latest posts

Back