98 PT 175 Help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigboibassin12

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for some clarity on a project I’m working on. I’m looking to run basically new wiring for a 1998 Tracker Pro Team 175 as the old wires are a jumbled mess and have lots of corrosion. I can wire all the accessories no problem, but I noticed that the ignition switch has a ton of wires running off of it in all sorts of directions. I know Mercury/Mariner ignitions have multiple wires coming from it, but this looks like some of the accessories were wired to the ignition as there are multiple wires running from each individual post on the switch. I was wondering if this is standard for tracker boats or the doing of a past owner? Essentially id like to run two fuse blocks, one for ignition power (gauges, fuel pump, etc.) and one for Always On (accessories, fish finders, etc.) but want to be careful before I start ripping wires out without labeling them. Thanks for any and all advice.

Latest posts

Back